RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoverPipes

Reaction score
There is a clown that goes by the name of "Kyle Black" who claims to be a "High Speed Marine". He has been ripping off members of the pipe community for at least three years now. He ripped off a huge "box pass" on another forum and used the excuse that he was being deployed "on a secret mission" and he would make good once he got back.....pfftttt that never happened.

Fast forward to last week, I noticed a seller on E-Bay using the name "Kyle Black" selling these items: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Larry-Roush-Rusticated-Gr-7-Cutty-/171115567051?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT&nma=true&si=%252F1moi0QbGKfTRYpvbCf9Bq5EFZ4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

---and---

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drucquers-and-Sons-LTd-XX-Press-Sealed-tin-1981-8oz-/171115549200?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT&nma=true&si=%252F1moi0QbGKfTRYpvbCf9Bq5EFZ4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Well.....it turns out that the tin of Drucquers was stolen from MARTY PULVER and the Roush pipe was apparently stolen from LARRY ROUSH! "Mr. Black" scammed them and tried to sell the items on E-Bay!!! If yoy bought anything from "KYLE BLACK", YOU HAVE PURCHASED STOLEN MERCHANDISE!!!! (If he even sent it to you. His M.O. is rip offs on both ends of a transaction!)

Please read what Marty just posted on his site:

SELLER'S BEWARE!!!! of MR. BLACK

Posted by Marty Pulvers of PulversBriar.com
Good Info to Share & Share.

Sept 1, 2013,

Our hobby seems to be suffering from a minor infestation, and if so,
its name is Kyle Black. Kyle Black has apparently scammed, or attempted to scam, a number of people in the hobby, and the way
he works is simple. He faithfully completes a transaction with each
one of his marks, thus establishing trust.
This is easy to do because we are basically a trusting lot, & with
good reason; we rarely have a scoundrel among us.
After this successful transaction, Kyle Black (and he has used his
father, Hallard Black, as a straw man in at least
one transaction) initiates another transaction, getting the victim to
send the pipe, or tobacco, to him before Kyle sends his promised
money, or pipe(s) as trade. At this point, Kyle does not complete his
end of the deal. The victim is left without any compensation. In my
case, I sent 4 tins of 100 gram size of a Drucquer's tobacco, one of
which, at least, is now for sale on eBay, which means that whoever
buys it is buying stolen merchandise.
Among his victims, or proposed victims, are: myself, Rodrigo
Garza of Treasure Pipes, Larry Roush, Dan Benson, a customer
of mine and Larry's and others that I know about, but who's
consent to use their names I haven't received yet.
In order to prevent his successful use of an alias, Kyle
Black functions out of the Houston Texas area, which I
suspect includes League City, TX, the address I have for him.
It might be wise to skip any business opportunities with Kyle
Black.
Marty

If anyone on this board has done business with "KYLE BLACK" from Texas, please PM me ASAP!!! I am looking into fixing this guy once and for all. He has stepped into the realm of Federal charges. He done messed up this time.......

Post this far and wide!
Make sure everybody knows about this assclown!!!
Time to fix the problem...............

It is my considered opinion that he needs a broken beer bottle rammed up his butt then it should be slammed with a 100 pound bag of concrete.
:evil: :bounce:  :evil: :bounce:  :evil: :bounce:  :evil: :bounce:  :evil: :bounce: :evil: 

AJ

I can't tell you the number of times I've shipped product before being paid or vice versa. I haven't been taken yet, but with someone such as Black, I easily could have.

But what's the point of being cautious when you've known the member for years by reading his posts. I guess the point about Black is that one successful transaction doesn't make someone trustworthy.

Thanks for getting on this DP.

My inbox is blowing up!
This guy has done quite a bit of damage in our little community!
Keep the info coming. The more that I have, the stronger the case will be for the Postal Inspectors!!!!

I'm glad people are stepping forward.

Small communities are trusting, and also, small enough to find rats on the ship and get rid of 'em.

I hope it all works out for everyone who got taken. His tarnishing the name "Kyle" is reason enough for me. :lol: Go get him!

8)

Has Marty and Larry called the authorities? I'd think ebay would have an obligation to turn over mr Blacks adress to the local police for recovery of stolen property.

Not this blasted guy 'again', makes ya nervous about sending stuff off prior to getting your end of the deal, which I do quite often, not so sure it's a good idea any more, this guy could be here under any darn user name or on any board, damn, I hate unethical people, they really piss me off, sorry for cussing but they really do make me mad as hell. I hope he gets nailed to the wall at long last, dastardly scoundrel, puts a black mark on the name of all pipers and that just plain sucks. :evil: 

He almost got me in December, I reported it here and on the PipesMagazine forum:
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t21458-kyle-black-bad-trader?highlight=kyle+black

I got my pipe back, but I guess he hasn't mended his ways.

There are scum bag cowardly thieves like this one all over eBay and I've had my dealings with a few. I remember one in particular that restored antique electric fans (sadly I might add) that ripped off a fellow club member for around, and this aint no lie $10,000. He was never arrested or any charges ever brought up on him. After several attempts at changing his user name they finally throw him off of eBay. Sadly eBay doesn't want to be involved and won't really do anything. I hope for everyone's sake involved this one doesn't get away.
And this is just my opinion but, if I had anything to do with law making, it be the death penalty for many criminals like this and they wouldn't have to sit on death row any longer then a few days, saving us tax payers millions of dollars.

Bummer. I rarely deal on eBay with exception of a few aged tins here and there from trusted retailers like 4noggin's consignment store.

Nonetheless, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this chump gets what's coming to him.

The best we can do is post his name and our dealings with him on the usual pipe boards.

riff raff":oq3l3xl1 said:
The best we can do is post his name and our dealings with him on the usual pipe boards.  
Postal Inspectors take mail fraud VERY seriously. Especially when stolen goods are involved.........:twisted: 

I have no experience with this Kyle Black but I recently got burned by someone else, and it is no fun. Not only are you out the goods and money, but it drains your goodwill and faith in people. It robs you of your want to trade with others, and perhaps that is the saddest thing that can be stolen.

I hope the postal inspectors burn this guy.

I had a guy contact me about a month ago here on the BoB forums using the name Michael Fulton (aka Texican), asking me if I wanted to make a trade on tobaccos. When I checked his post count, he was newly registered with 7 posts, so I decided to wait until I received his mailing before I sent out mine.

Sure enough, a week later nothing had arrived. When I messaged him, he claimed there was a mixup at the post office, and that he would again try to mail the package. Once I got Blackhorse involved, the guy disappeared and I haven't seen him since.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck..........

DoverPipes":1dazhgl2 said:
riff raff":1dazhgl2 said:
Postal Inspectors take mail fraud VERY seriously. Especially when stolen goods are involved.........:twisted: 
That is my point, I may not be 100% up to date, but I don't believe they would consider these goods "stolen" (and doubt there is any proof they were).  I sent my pipe to Kyle willingly, expecting another pipe in trade.  I can hear my local Post Master now:  "so, you sent this guy who you only know from a pipe forum a $200 pipe and expected that he would send you back something similar?".  I suspect the only thing the Post Office would give me would be a giant pile of request letters from a banished Prince in Nigeria who needs help.  

I'm going to the Post Office today, to mail some items.  I'll ask just to see how they react to this scenario.  I'll report back.

I believe, from what I've read that Mike did the same, sending goods, and expecting payment.  The way I read it, there was only a phone call between them, no written sales agreement, etc.  

In other words Kyle's word vs. anyone else.  

I bet describing this incident to the Post Office or Police gets a big "sorry, we can't help you".  
And most likely the reason he keeps doing his dastardly deeds, it's quite easy to get away with it.

riff raff":f5gk1p0a said:
DoverPipes":f5gk1p0a said:
riff raff":f5gk1p0a said:
That is my point, I may not be 100% up to date, but I don't believe they would consider these goods "stolen" (and doubt there is any proof they were).  I sent my pipe to Kyle willingly, expecting another pipe in trade.  I can hear my local Post Master now:  "so, you sent this guy who you only know from a pipe forum a $200 pipe and expected that he would send you back something similar?".  I suspect the only thing the Post Office would give me would be a giant pile of request letters from a banished Prince in Nigeria who needs help.  

I'm going to the Post Office today, to mail some items.  I'll ask just to see how they react to this scenario.  I'll report back.

I believe, from what I've read that Mike did the same, sending goods, and expecting payment.  The way I read it, there was only a phone call between them, no written sales agreement, etc.  

In other words Kyle's word vs. anyone else.  

I bet describing this incident to the Post Office or Police gets a big "sorry, we can't help you".  
And most likely the reason he keeps doing his dastardly deeds, it's quite easy to get away with it.
True to a point. The items were sent "in good faith" and the sender wasn't compensated for the goods. The receiver takes said goods and attempts to re-sell them once again, without compensating the original sender. Sounds like fraud to me. If the original sender reported to E-Bay that these items were obtained through fraud, I'm pretty sure they'd want to end any transactions that involved "questionable merchandise". I have advised those that have been ripped off to file Police reports in their local jurisdictions. If they don't follow through with the law, you will be correct in your statement. Their word against "Mr. Asshat Black"