RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yak":38thfu7x said:
...I hope that you people who carry on about how "the free market" is supposed to be the self-correcting optimum in a climate where morality and decency are written off as "personal opinions" and disallowed as inadmissible "value judgements" are learning something...

:face:
Most Observant of Yaks:

For a second there I thought I was going to have to do battle against yet another ill-conceived, ill-informed, irrational attack against free markets. But thankfully as I read on I saw that you qualified your rant, directing it specifically against those who (apparently) are moral relativists...you know — the miscreants who say "everything is relative" and "there are no absolutes" as the basis of their assertion that there's no such thing as right and wrong, and so attempt to justify their scumbaggery. (Hint: They suck.)

Not that I'd have thought you actually believe in such an idiotic perspective, but what with the perennial problem of different semantic stores (definitions) and the long-standing, as-yet unresolved Yakkian/Vitonian disconnect on the subject of definitions in general*, I'm never quite sure whether we actually disagree, or I'm just not understanding what you mean. :|
  • *...you know, the thing wherein my penchant for precise semantic definitions so we know WTF each other is talking about is something you perpetually perceive as pseudo- or quasi-mathematicalistische "thinkety", which it ain't...but neither one of us (so far) knows how to bridge that particular gap in mutual understanding. Anyhow, that's prolly not something we're going to resolve here...
However, in this case, I think we're on the same page. (If not, I'm sure you'll straighten me out. ;))

What I mean is, I take it that your antipathy toward "the free market" is not based on some kind of fundamental aversion to the right of individuals to interact freely and voluntarily with each other without unwanted and uninvited interference by others who have no business meddling in their affairs when their affairs involve only their own property, and their transactions are conducted without coercion (force or fraud). If so, then we agree on that much.

Clearly, that's not the kind of transactions cultivated by this blackguard "Kyle Black", who is well-named. And to the extent that FleaPrey is unwilling or unable to provide a marketplace in which exclusively non-coercive transactions occur, then it falls far short of what I consider to be a proper standard for a truly free market. IOW, the problem isn't that it's a free market; rather, the problem is that it's not a free market...by my definition.

For my part, the perspective you've described above — a concept of "the free market" that is utterly divorced from any recognition of or self-governance by irrevocably entrenched moral principle — is antithetical to what I mean by the free market. What's more, it cannot possibly work in the long run. It will devolve into barbarism, wherein "survival of the fittest" is based solely on who can out-scumbag everyone else.

That is not civilization. That's exactly — as you've correctly observed — nothing more than a cutthroat competition in which "The only winners...are the cockroaches and the rats."

BTW, I acknowledge that my concept of what constitutes the free market is at variance with the way others define it. That’s not my problem. I’m just specifying what I mean by “the free market” so you won’t confuse me with the damned (literally) moral relativists.

newjok12.png

ajn27511":ti7s1ahc said:
Say what? :scratch: 

AJ
That's exactly how how reacted when I read your "Say what? :scratch:"

I don't know you well AJ, so I had to go read a bunch of your posts to figure out that you're not a troll. ;)  I don't feed trolls. Glad to know you're not one of them.

If there's something you don't understand, I'll be happy to answer any specific questions.  :mrgreen: 

newjok12.png

You've pointed out before that a major design flaw in the American "system" as it was designed & intended was/is that people had to bring their own integrity into it with them for it to work. IOW, the System itself did not generate the integrity necessary for it to operate properly.

Well, that.

Yak":x2wqwlwm said:
You've pointed out before that a major design flaw in the American "system" as it was designed & intended was/is that people had to bring their own integrity into it with them for it to work. IOW, the System itself did not generate the integrity necessary for it to operate properly.

Well, that.

Indeed. Exactly that.

newjok12.png

riff raff":ceb9vrsw said:
ajn27511":ceb9vrsw said:

AJ
Kyle's Behaviour = Bad (that is what I interpreted...<g>)
Nah...Kyle qualifies as Not Bad under the "Mutant Exclusion Principle", in which special allowance is made for space aliens who are visiting Earth on an extended guest pass.

Of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way. :mrgreen: 

newjok12.png

Vito":k83wsm8t said:
riff raff":k83wsm8t said:
ajn27511":k83wsm8t said:

AJ
Kyle's Behaviour = Bad (that is what I interpreted...<g>)
Nah...Kyle qualifies as Not Bad under the "Mutant Exclusion Principle", in which special allowance is made for space aliens who are visiting Earth on an extended guest pass.

Of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way. :mrgreen: 

newjok12.png
I think he was referring to Kyle Black (schwarz) not Kyle Weiss (white). :lol!:

MisterE":z7nn6rgw said:
I think he was referring to Kyle Black (schwarz) not Kyle Weiss (white). :lol!:
Oops...:oops: :oops: :oops:  With all the razzing and implicitness that goes on here, one is not completely sure exactly what folks are saying sometimes.

Sorry, Kyle The White. I heap ashes and sackcloth upon mah haid in unmitigated repentance. But you're still a mutant. :mrgreen: 

And yeah...I definitely was saying the Kyle the Black's behavior is scumbaggery on the hoof. :evil: 

newjok12.png