Rocky Patel On The Recent FDA Ruling

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it takes a special breed of parasite, a frustrated tyrant mentality, to work for the government of the United States as presently constituted. No offense meant to the mindless drones who work there to avoid the rigors of the marketplace.

MisterE":816lm2aj said:
More cigar specific, but we're all in the same boat.
No we're not! A hand rolled premium cigar is pretty unique to machine made and the cigarette style little cigars. Unfortunately pipe tobacco all looks and is priced about the same as RYO "pipe tobacco".
I've been overbuying pipe tobacco for over 25 years and I have more than a lifetime sitting (along with several lifetimes of stuff I don't like) in the davecave but I also enjoy a cigar five or six times a week and I'm stocking up on my favorite bundles. I'm hoping CRA can get a premium cigar exemption but I'll bet it will be defined by a dollar point ($6 or 7 msrp?????) and my daily cigars fall under that but I'll pay the price whatever for a little pleasure on the long drive to work. :shock:

Unfortunately all tobacco is being lumped in together and given the same treatment. I'm thinking pretty hard of taking out a loan at the bank and buying a lifetime supply up front. That'll hurt, but will pay off in the long run.

United we stand, divided we fall...

When they came for the cigarettes we didn't care because it was "those nasty cigarette smokers"
When they came for dip/Snus we didn't care because it was "those mouth breathing red necks"
Now they are coming for pipe and cigar and the cigar guys want to pretend some aloofness from "those old geezers smoking apple flavored pipe tobacco".

The entirety of tobacco users almost deserve the bullshit for cutting each other's throats.

Our intramural distinctions don't mean sh*t in the FDA's eyes. Patel, US Tobacco, Phillip Morris, and Pease are in the same category. I remember Pease was working to differentiate and define pipe tobacco vs. RYO a few years back. I don't think it came to much because Patel's premiums are now being lumped in with Swisher Sweets. There are no differences anymore.

When we see a Muslim do we stop to ask if they are Sunni or Shiite? Radical or Not? Etc Etc??

No, we get nervous.  

What we are brainwashed to fear we fear... For the past 20 years TV/Radio/School/Doctors/etc have been banging anti-tobacco messages into our heads, especially young people's heads.  Tobacco not only kills you but it kills countless others with second and even third hand smoke.
It's more dangerous than crack and unprotected sex, it's so dangerous that it threatens to topple our insurance companies and on and on and on.   If that's all I'd heard and I didn't have experience that said otherwise I'd want all tobacco banned outright.