Rogers Sheffield NOS Pipe Knife

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swede

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to get a pipe knife to give me a knife edge with a pipe tool pick and tamper. Just bought a NOS made in England pipe knife made of stainless steel. Just search eBay for RODGERS STAINLESS STEEL Pipe Smokers KNIFE-$9.95 + $4.95 shipping Swede
Screenshot_20221216_094925_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
I had one of these confiscated at check in for a flight out of Portland once. It was deemed a “sharp & dangerous knife” even though they couldn’t get it to cut anything. The lady in front of me had fingernails that were far more deadly.

8301E2F2-E66F-4379-9BEF-C6A79A6D7055.jpeg

Even her baby’s nails were dangerous.

1FCEF347-DB15-49AD-B430-682F698547F3.png

I ordered one too.

I've been wanting a proper pipe knife for years. Been using an Opinel scout knife with the round tip. Works great for scraping out the dottle in the bowl but this Rodgers knife is smaller and does more. It's also easier to carry around ... I think. I guess I'll find out. :)

Thanks for the heads up Swede!

Nice! I collect tampers and I love the black scales. I’ve got a bunch of versions of the Sheffield knife tampers including a Dunhill. The US importer was handing out Sheffield Exchange knives with brushed stainless steel scales co-branded, Gawith & Hogarth on the other side at the Vegas Show. I love the little freebies and pickups I find at shows.

What is the knife blade like? I'm not looking to slotter hogs, or baton fire wood, however I have a few Basset knives that you can't put an edge on to save your soul. It would be nice to have a pipe tool/ pen knife that was actually usable. Thanks.
Yes I know about "doctor's knives" but they just leave me cold, these Sheffield's on the other hand...

I have quite a few of these knifes. A black wood; a green wood; a Water Buffalo horn and a Stag horn. I love them, they are great and they are well worth the money.