Romantic Dinner!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarMyFriend

Reaction score
I woke up one morning to my girlfriend waving a cup of very strong coffee (How I enjoy it) infront of my nose, and said, "Careful It's hot!". I sat up and grabbed it, and she walked out and back in with a huge plate with biscuits and gravy (my favorite breakfast) and fried potatoes. We both sat there and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. She left work work (while I washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen) and I thought to myself, how can I top her... I adore the girl but me being the chef in the relationship, (and in profession), had to top her. So I (being the romantic young man I am) picked up a decent bottle of red wine, and chocovine. I borrowed my Grandmothers small boutique table, and set it up in the living room of our small apartment. I put up candles, bought roses, and prepared an amazing meal. I made her Traditional Italian Spaghetti (Because she's rooted deeply in her Italian family heritage). But first I made her Garlic Herbed Bruschetta for an appetizer. She ate that while I prepared the main meal. Brought out the Spaghetti took off my chef coat, and was wearing a shirt and tie. There was old Italian music playing in the back round. After a while the music turned to favorite love songs of ours. When we were done with the meal, I brought out an ashtray and a cigar, and her cigarettes and we sat and had a conversation. After that, I walked into the kitchen and prepared a Mint Gelato with fresh raspberries and blueberries covered in a home made espresso chocolate sauce of my own recipe. Needless to say we were both dressed up, there was romantic music playing, candlelight, roses, a fantastic meal all from scratch, she cried a bit. Here's a few pictures...

She's gorgeous ain't she? Can't see the meal too much... but it was fantastic all the same! I did alright. Went to the Family Video afterwards still all dressed up and pretended we got engaged, and got free movies! Best night ever.

I thank you all! I must say, the preparation of it, turned me into a middle schooler again, drooling over my first date. I may have gotten a little high pitched, and screamed with my hands balled up and close to my chest a few times. Don't tell anyone. :eek:
In other news, she was very surprised, and the night went smoothly.
ROB! I don't believe the real engagement will be for a few years... but you never know. My Grams met her and when she found out we were moving in together, she looked at me so seriously and asked, "Want this?!" while pointing to her ring... Made me a little nervous.
But I am very lucky, she's an absolute doll, and very motherly (A quality I drool over for I want to be a father someday). And drop dead gorgeous!
(Don't study the picture of me too much, I'm a little slouched over and don't look my best).
Zach

Well done, Laddie! I was reading this thinking that I should warn you as soon as Rob sees this, he'll ask for pictures of the girlfriend. Looks like you beat him to the punch. :D She's a cutie, Zach. Ya done good.

That's disgustingly adorable.

I think she's trying to nail you down with food, my friend. She's hoping to have you all to herself, and get you chubby enough so you can't run away from her. :lol: Watch out for girls like that. :lol!:

But seriously, she seem great... fun pictures, too. It even made my snarky old-man-in-training self chuckle. You two have fun, enjoy your budding relationship. 8)

It's so great to see a young guy with so much class and manners!!!

HA. That's what I do. I'm just happy that this girl is woo-able with old fashioned manners and class. She's a keeper that's for sure. And that's fine Kyle, I love cooking, and she loves decent food. Great relationship.

Nice going Zach, you made her cry.

Yeah she's adorable, sounds like she's adorable on the inside too,,,a keeper.

And my mind goes back to a girl I left some years ago,
Who told me,
Just Hold On Loosely, but don't let go
If you cling too tightly,
You're gonna lose control
Your baby needs someone to believe in
And a whole lot of space to breathe in

So Hold On Loosely, but don't let go

Well done!
She kind of looks like Snooki in that pic, but not skanky.
Don't mind me, I've been drinking Scotch...

You took the time and made the effort to give her a great evening, and she liked that, and you and she had a great evening. Well done!

Zach,
You are a class act that any young filly would love to score. Keep up the good work and make sure you don't get shortchanged. :cheers:

I'm more than happy to put something together for her like that. She puts up with me well enough, and she's sweet enough to wake up extra early to put a breakfast together for me. Thank you Mr. Watson, and I gotta say, I love that pipe in your avatar. Is there another photo of it somewhere on here? That thing's huge!
Zach

mark":6qjrx994 said:
Nice going Zach, you made her cry.

Yeah she's adorable, sounds like she's adorable on the inside too,,,a keeper.

And my mind goes back to a girl I left some years ago,
Who told me,
Just Hold On Loosely, but don't let go
If you cling too tightly,
You're gonna lose control
Your baby needs someone to believe in
And a whole lot of space to breathe in

So Hold On Loosely, but don't let go
No fair with the .38 special lyrics.

Some unsolicited advice to a young fellow with a girl he digs:

if you wait til you are "ready" you might never pop the questions

if you wait til you are "ready" to have kids, you will NEVER have any

either way, do the honest thing and marry her before you have kids. A good father is something that has no equivalent.

You moved in with her, which i did before i married my wife. her parents didnt like it, neither did mine, but we built a strong relationship and now have a beautiful daughter with another baby on the way. The only thing we regret is not getting married sooner (we were dating for 5 years by the time we got married) You already know whether its meant to be or it isnt.

People wait til later in life these days to get married, for a multitude of reasons, but that doesnt mean its wrong to get married young.

Mr. Jefe,
Thanks for the consideration! I'm old fashioned in the sense that I date for the reason of finding my wife not only for recreation. Her and I have talked about it, and we both feel the same way. I could see her as my wife. I'm doing what I can to get to know all of her. Her and I are close, and we both do feel the same way. I do not plan on having children before marriage, but I'm extremely excited about being a father. As a child I didn't have the greatest example of a father, but I took that and derived what a good father should be. (Things have changed, my father and I actually have a great relationship now that I've moved out, and have quite a decent job. He views me as a man finally). But I had a great example from my grandfather. My parents aren't fans that I live with her, but they understand that I'm trying to get to know her for specific reasons. But thank you for the advice, it's much appreciated!
Zach

GuitarMyFriend":br36trz9 said:
I love that pipe in your avatar. Is there another photo of it somewhere on here? That thing's huge!
Zach
The pipe is a Magnum Kaywoodie sandblast that is so big it needs wheels to move it around. LOL
I don't have any other photos of the pipe as I'm in Maine but I could get some when I return to Massachusetts and post them for you at a later date. Thanks for the inquiry and comments.