Romeo Y Julieta

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
Romeo No 2... My son-in-law gave me 3 of these that he received from a friend. Not being a cigar smoker, except on the rare occasion, I'll likely some them next summer while doing garden work.

Has any one had experience with this brand?
-Paul :elephant:

Yes, it is a brand that diserves a "good death." A cigar with lots of flavor and great construction year in year out! A cigar that should be enjoyed in the comfort of a leather oversized chair. Not one that shold be subject to the conditions that a "yard gar'" is familiar with! :(

But if you enjoy GOOD cigars while you're doing yard work... by all means this is a cigar you will surely enjoy!

Your son-in-law has good taste in cigars!

What line of R&J are they?

Lucky

Lucky has hit it dead on. R & J's are a premium stick. Toss em in your humi and wait for a great occasion. Since we know that you cannot just hand someone a pipe and say "have fun" a cigar I hav found is a great way to share someone's company while you sip away on your pipe.

you cannot really be shown up with that line of cigar either unless of course someone has a cuban in hand already ;)

...my .02 worth.

Lucky wrote:
"What line of R&J are they?"

I'm not sure... in a silver tube.... Romeo No 2

Davey wrote:
"Since we know that you cannot just hand someone a pipe and say "have fun" a cigar I hav found is a great way to share someone's company while you sip away on your pipe."

That is a great idea :D .

Paul

Puffs is a Canookian, we aint talkin Dominican Republic here..
Puffs if those dog rockets were to appear in my mailbox I'd certainly not smoke them as yard gars.. :shock:

I err umm enjoyed a couple while out of country earlier this year. Next time tell ya boys ya want Partagas serie D number 4, just DONT, Please Dont smoke these as yard gars.

I, too, received a Romeo y Julieta cigar over the holidays. It came from my uncle who travels out of the country and smokes cigars (but he's not a "cigar smoker"). He claims it is a real Cuban, but I am skeptical and any information you all might be able to offer by my description would be appreciated.

Band is plain (no logo) and copper in color. Says Romeo y Julieta with the word Churchill beneath that. The other side has Habana.

The outer leaf is starting to tear in a place; he has no humidor and it was simply in an open ziploc. I don't doubt he picked it up out of the country, but no telling what he was told about it.

showme

I haven't opened the tubes... Made in Havana, Cuba. My son-in-law's friend was vacationing in the warm areas... likely Mexico although Cuba is a popular spot for some. Then again the snowbirds prefer Arizona or Florida.
:D Paul

Mine doesn't look like either one of those, Lucky. I better just smoke it tomorrow and put it out of its misery.

But I do like that site. Thanks!

showme

Let us know how it tasted! How was the construction and burn qualities?

Happy New Year!

Lucky :cheers:

R Y J's are one of my absolute fav's!! Been smoking them for many, many years. Enjoy your Habana #2!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

Slow Puffs,

That is indeed a fine cigar. Also I consider myself spoiled be that i am legally able to own/buy cubans (go Canada) and also that my father works in Cuba and recieves his cigars via the black market at get this 1 dollar american per cigar. So a box of #2 romeo's only costs me about 30 dollars Canadian.

I have enjoyed almost every brand of cubans from Churchills to Esplendido's, punch, Romeo and Juliets, robustos, etc.

I'm so spoiled i won't even smoke a cigar that isn't cuban and that just isn't fair to you americans.

But hey Slow Puffs, If you need more, you have my number.

I haven't smoked them yet. They are still in my Humidor... now I'm really going to have to try one.

This summer I've been smoking Panter small cigars.

I'll try one and let you know. I need a nice day so I can putter around the outside.

Thanks...

Am I getting the thought that we might work out a trade or two for some pipe tobacco that you can't easily get??? :lol!:

:D Paul