Ron (Cart) is a BIG JERK!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardedbassguy

Reaction score
First he invited me over to his house to have a smoke. When I got there he gave me a glass of iced tea.

Then he showed me his AMAZING pipe collection and taught me a few things about some unfamiliar brands.

Then he showed me some different tobaccos, especially some Germain (sp?) and some Esoterica blends. Then he made me take several samples of delicious tobaccos. Forced me into it really.

He also made me smoke some Esoterica Tilbury. It was torture I say!

After that was over, he stole 2 of my pipes...

When he returned them, my cheap basket briar that looked like it belonged in the trash looked brand new! How can I smoke it now since it shines so bright?! AND he fixed a hole in the stem of my unsmoked Ascorti. I mean seriously, it was a collectors piece. How many pipes that are unsmoked do you know that have holes in the stem? Ruined I say!

Seriously though, I had a good afternoon with Ron. He blessed me with some incredible hospitality, gave me some very quality tobacco samples, and used his talent to fix 2 briar pipes I have. Never asked for anything in return. Sorry I don't have any pics of the fixed pipes, my phone is dead.

Thanks Ron, you made my afternoon.

Also, if he tries to tell you I spilled his last bowl of dried Rich Dark Flake..... it might be true :oops:

Yeah, yeah,yeah, so he caught me in a good mood,even I have my off days once in awhile.
And it wasn't my last bowl, it was his.
And to top it all off I even forgot to charge him the $1.50 for the tour & Tea.

Sounds like a fine day, I'd imagine an afternoon with Ron would be a blast!

Brewdude":wm4uqano said:
8)

Wish I could've been a fly on the wall!

Cheers,

RR
There was one.......thought it was you!

Looks like Cart is one heck of a good guy....or its a trap :shock:
Sounds like it was a great time. Way to go Ron!
Mike.

Yes James and I had a good time his short stay here.
He is, by my standards, which are high BTW, a good man with a good
head on his shoulders and, that's saying a lot being able to put up with
an ornery cuss such as myself. Even though he's a little fumble fingered.
He's welcome back anytime and that's not forgetting JP that visited me not too long ago either, two fine men that are always welcomed back.
It's good to know there's still some good people out there I don't feel like taking a 2x4 to the back of there head. ;)
As far as me being a Jerk, well I'm an Arse Hole, lets not get the two confused.

Way to go Ron! James you just stumbled on one of the best kept secrets of this forum. Ron is despite all the rumors a real stand up guy.

That's it! Ron's reputation is officially shot.

There are a number of folks on this forum I'd like to meet one day and have to say Ron is among those at the top of my list.

There I said it, and now I need to have a little lay down.

:geek:

RobJ":85ss8uld said:
That's it! Ron's reputation is officially shot.

There are a number of folks on this forum I'd like to meet one day and have to say Ron is among those at the top of my list.

There I said it, and now I need to have a little lay down.

:geek:
Reputation? What's that, I never had to have one before.
Do I need one, can I pick one up at Walmart?
Is it single action or semiautomatic? :scratch:

I think it's one of those glass test tube thingies people use to clean pipes maybe.

RobJ":r5q32v9e said:
I think it's one of those glass test tube thingies people use to clean pipes maybe.
Nah! that can't be it.
I already got two of them, a big one and a small one, there called a Retort!