Rope Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbaL002

Reaction score
Well I got 2 samples in the amazing box from Mike but I'm perplexed as to how to pack Rope Tobacco. any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Cut off an inch of rope and have a cutting board and sharp, large knife at the ready. Begin by cutting the inch into quarters. When that is done begin mincing.

The danger is mincing the rope down too small is that when you load the pipe these small pieces are sucked into the airway and clog it. I usually leave about 20% in 1/4" X 1/4" pieces; I mince the rest down to about a quarter of the size of the chunks.

If the finished product doesn't smoke well you can always mince more; on the other hand if you've minced too far you're stuck with it.

It takes some practice to know how to do this, so start with no more than 1" of the rope; in this way you'll have the luxury of repeating the process and applying what you've learned. Before you know it you'll be mincing 100 g (or more) at a time.

BTW, are you preparing SG or GH rope? Gawith rope is mild, GH a powder keg. If the latter and your body isn't used to HO tobacco, smoke very slowly and listen to what your body is telling you. If your head begins to sweat or spin, put that pipe down.

Also, GH Brown Irish X is the strongest rope out there; their Black Irish X isn't far behind. The flavor of the Brown Irish X is mild and to my tastes a 50/50 mix of it and GH Brown Happy Bogie is far more acceptable as regards taste.

Yo Bubba, If Don Alfredo's technique doesn't work for you, try a cigar cutter and cut thin 'coins' of tabac out, I find that this way the bacy drys qucker, you also shouldn't over tamp, just use your finger once in a while, but heed his advice about setting the pipe down if it gets too strong for you, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

Both Gentlemen before me are steering you right.

I sometimes cut disc as Ken said and then rub it out a bit.

Whichever way works for you, use your smallest pipe. Ropes,even chopped up and rubbed out, smoke very slow. A medium to large pipe will take forever to smoke. Also a small pipe limits the dose of Nicotene.

I've read alot about this tobacco, mostly "it kicked my ass" stories.

I'm hesitant to try, but have thought about it. Anyone smoke this stuff regularly?

Matt

Semi-Regular.. I'd smoke it more often if I didn't smoke so much at the spur of the moment.

Good stuff.. Just cut some disc, let them dry a good while and fire 'er up. Smoke slow and steady and you will enjoy more flavor than you thought possible in a pipe.

pipedirector":t2eievbo said:
Anyone smoke this stuff regularly?
Daily. Usually 3-4 bowls of straight rope or a rope/shag combo, and 3-4 bowls of straight shag (DBE, KD, KK, etc)

It is the not the tobacco of the Weenie Girly Man, however, but the Virile Manly Man. Beware. :lol:

I bought some a week or so ago and gave it a try. I had to have Petertschantz to walk me through the process. It kicked my Ass! :x Whew dogies! :bounce: (and this is the mild stuff- Brown Bogie ) I'll stick with my fav's thank you very much. :shock:

I smoke it most days. I tend to take about a 3 inch long "cigar" of the stuff, slice it in half lengthwise (like prepping a cuke to be seeded), then thinly slice it (like slicing said cuke into little half moons). Then I toss it into a bowl and commence rubbing it out. It takes some time. But I always do up enough of it to fill a half pint Mason Jar. It still needs drying after rubbing out, but do the bulk of the prep in advance encourages me to smoke more rope.

There. I said it. I am a rope smoker. My ex will feel vindicated.

Ken and AB are of the most experienced smokers here!
Pay careful attention!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I thus have nothing to add!

Brother Dutch, so you don't like it man, cant say I blame ya!!