Rubber pipe hanging clips.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen them at pipe shops and in pictures, but does anyone know where you can purchase those rubber or plastic clips that let you hang a pipe by the shank on a flat board? Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike,

I've seen them at cupojoes, they're really a great idea. I have tought about attaching a stained strip of wood, liquid nails, to the inside of a kitchen cabinet then attaching the rubber clips to that. Maybe even router the edge of it to make it purty. The wood base would also give the pipes a little "hanging" space and might just be attractive to do on a visible wall. I would be careful to not put a "rack" on a section of wall that gets direct sunlight as that would oxidize vulcanite stems.

Super idea.

Mike,

I searched cup o joes and did not find them. I've seen them on some pipe site but can't remember where. If I find em', I'll let you know. In the meantime, if you're up, I am sure a well stocked hardware store would carry "things" to hang tools with, etc. You might also consider a strip of leather attached in "loops" to a decorative piece of wood. The pipes would hang bowl up but I don't see where that would be detrimental in any way.

Whatever you come up; the one big benefit is that your pipes would be out in circulating air which would aid in resting. This is something that is inhibited with pipe cabinets.

I bet Super Will could come up with something. Tell him to be careful if he orders something through the Navy. The wrong numbers might get a fleet of destroyers. A standing joke in the USAF was someone ordering paper clips and getting an airplane wing. "1 each" might be a bushel load too. You KNOW!

A couple dozen Playboy Bunnies just standing around holding your pipes would work too if the "office" is big enough.

I hope none of this made you laugh and loose a stitch.

Regards,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,of course!

Good luck.

This is a very interesting thread. I'd like to make something like this for my pipes. Please post some pictures of what you guys come up with.