Rumors R True! I'm Still Alive Folks!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Howdy All!

It's your old friend Dock here just stopping by to say hello. For the newbies, I was a bit of a regular round here for a while but retired from the hobby about a year ago. :lol: I'm actually back to smoking pipes now after a looooong hiatus. Still have "Dad's" enormous stash of aged burelys and Va's and will likely never have to buy another gram of tobacco in my natural life. Still lovin' on my Stans but have a new found respect for Castellos that were opened up to Pipetongue's standards as well as his Brisetts, Ashtons and Ardors. Not a single day goes by without my thinking of him especially with his Tim Hynick POY filled with a lakeland flake. I'm not a fanciful person, but, more than once, I've felt him standing in my room smiling while the Red Sox are on the radio.

As for me, I've been collecting vintage roller speed skating equip, working out like a fiend and running reguarly. I did sell my own cellar and most of my own pipes, save the Stans, but kept around 60 of Dad's favorites. For the record and since some have asked, I also kept the vast pipe library as well as all of the advertising items and artwork that I collected over the years.

Though I do enjoy smoking, I will likely never be back to the center of it. It was a good run and very enjoyable but I'm happy to stand on the sidelines now, lurk and enjoy hearing about others who have found the pleasures that only a pipe can afford. Someone told me that when I left the hobby it would'nt be for long. "Once a pipe smoker, always a pipesmoker".

Glad to see things are going well here. We worked so hard to build this place and it's nice to be back and see so many new members as well as many of the old guard still posting regularly!

Hope everyone has an awesome Summer!

Dock J. Perry

Good to see you Dock! In fact, I was just thinking about you...
It was some of the threads that you authored that really got me interested in this forum. I didn't know at the time that you had already, or were in the process of, "retiring" from pipes and smoking, so I wondered where you had gone to. You brought some great insight to the pipe collecting/smoking dialog. Thanks, and hope to see you around!

Hi Dock! Good to see you. Keeping the memories of good friends and family alive is a way of doing them honor.

Once I even told Cathy that I needed to remember to call Granny that evening to remind her to sprinkle some salt out the door on the steps because they were forecasting freezing rain. She looked at me odd and it was a moment or two before I remembered Granny had been gone for a long time.

We even did a tobacco exchange to remember Ken. The thread is here if you want to read though it. https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t12127-the-1st-annual-ken-collins-exchange

Hey Dock, good to read you again. I too was just thinkin' about you, as I was smoking a bowl in your old Lasse Blowfish earlier today!

Dock! Great to see ya! Glad to hear that you´re doing well and still find the time to enjoy the hobby a little. Yes, we had a pretty cool Ken Collins Exchange this year that we celebrated on May 1st, natuarally. Sorry you weren´t part of it, but you were in spirit as his surviving "grandson" and mega-contibutor to BoB! We´ve ALL learned a bunch from you and it's great to see you check in from time to time!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

GTL still??

Great to hear from you!
I'm glad you didn't get rid of everything
when you had your psychotic episode.
:lol!:
Bet there are a few things you wish you had back. :twisted:

Dock, so good to see you post again. You have been sorely missed. From the Trekkie side of me, "Live long and prosper!"

Great to hear from you Dock, it's good to know all is well in your world. Glad you saved your library,,a treasure trove for sure.

Dock, so good to see you post again.Still involved w/ Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club?