Rye Whisky/ey

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Somewhere in an earlier subject thread, one of you asked about Rye Whiskey; i.e., which ones do you like? I don't think there was any follow up to the query. So here goes my shot at the subject.
I do enjoy Rye Whiskey; I'm not much of a Bourbon person. I can handle a bit of Tennessee sippin' whiskey; George Dickel being preferred!
Inventory wise at the moment, I have Bulliet 95 Rye (several bottles!), Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye, various Crown Royal's (as they contain copious amounts of rye!!), Redemption rye, George Dickel rye, and Reservoir Rye (small batch out of Richmond, Va.). Others I can recommend are Templeton, Woodford Reserve rye (excellent!!), Knob Creek rye, and Michter's Rye (awesomely good!!). There are others that I just haven't gotten to yet!!

I make my Manhattan's and Old Fashioned's with rye. I tend to drink rye as I do single-malt scotch or good Irish whisky; either neat, with a wee dram of cool spring water (preferred), or a splash of soda from my seltzer bottle. Once in a great while, an ice cube finds its way into my glass!! A rare event I will say!!

OK, so much for me!! Any one else a Rye devotee??? FTRPLT

Bulleit is one of my standard ryes, good taste and great price. Nursing a bottle of Woodford Reserve rye right now. Rye and Bourbon have been my go to drinks over anything else recently. Will have to check out some on your list.

Always use rye when I make cocktails.

Pikesville 110. There’s more going on in two fingers of Pikesville than two bottles of any Bourbon...IMNSHO. Rittenhouse is the poor cousin...good to use in drinks. I like Knob Creek as well. Both are made by Heaven Hill...a pretty big distillery.

The Pikesville 110 makes a seriously complex Whiskey Sour...easy on the lemon.

Re the Rye Manhattan...yup, it’s the one. But then I’ll take one made with Irish Whiskey (Powers), Bourbon, American Whiskey or a Speyside Scotch. They’re all pretty good. I love a good Manhattan. Only problem is they disappear too quickly.

No ice, no water. In a Glencairn glass.

B70A86E0-FCB6-4BFB-BEFA-13DD6FAF12D8.jpeg

Nice glass!! I like mine also!! Ya' gotta' have a bullet in your glass if you're gonna' drink Bulliet Rye!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

Attachments

• IMG_1207[1].JPG
    IMG_1207[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1208[1].JPG
    IMG_1208[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
I'm a Bourbon drinker but was given a bottle of Sazerac Rye for Christmas. I've enjoyed over half the bottle so far and will replace it when gone.

Here's a new Rye my bro-in-law near Frederick, MD sent me! It's made from a Flying Dog Brewery rye mash! I haven't opened it as of yet; my bro-in-law says it's tasty and smooth. I'll check it out tonight and report back! FTRPLT
IMG_1215[1].JPG