??,s about LLOYDS Oom Paul

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog Bruce

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I got a LLOYDS Oom Paul as an Xtra along with a pipe rack I bought on one of those shop merchant sites. On the left side of the shank is stamped LLOYDS. Just below that, if the shank was a straight, and toward the stem is stamped Oom Paul. I thought it would be English, but on the back, or what would be the bottom of the shank is stamped ITALY in 'real' small letters. On the right side of the shank is stamped 1377. Can anyone tell me anything about this pipe?

Thanks,

Bulldog

It's more than likely a Barontini factory product, but that's about all you can say.

:face:

Thanks Yak, as with all my pipes, like to know a little about them. After cleaning a lot of sludge out of this on, will be gving it a try. Like the way it hangs in my piehole, can't hardly tell its their.

BB

Hi! I have one, except it says 1378. It is Black, with a knobby finish. I like it, but it's not in my top five. Lloyd's was a second brand for Lorenzo, so I have assumed that's the story here. I could be wrong, though....

Just curious if it's a traditional Oom Paul or one of the "egg" shaped ones? I have a Lorenzo and another "no name" in that shape.

It is egg-shaped, black, with the 'knobby' finish; as I say it smokes fairly well, and has a certain ugly kind of charm.