S-Chip

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

JR's is having a blowout sale, supposedly because of the fear of an S-CHIP tax pending.

Bill":2b8ah98s said:
JR's is having a blowout sale, supposedly because of the fear of an S-CHIP tax pending.

if that tax passes, I'm out of a job because my boss with go out of business. Everyone write your State Rep.

Aaron":vsi1f6iv said:
Bill":vsi1f6iv said:

if that tax passes, I'm out of a job because my boss with go out of business. Everyone write your State Rep.
I wrote to mine.
I might as well have written my letters on
toilet paper and wiped my ass with them. :x

if it passes it will fail miserably. Tobacco sales will fall sharply. No one wants to pay 2 dollars tax on a 2 dollar cigar like cuban rejects let alone a $7.50 Java or any other high end cigar for that matter.... yeah, I'll be out of a job.

Aaron":s7odr102 said:
if it passes it will fail miserably. Tobacco sales will fall sharply. No one wants to pay 2 dollars tax on a 2 dollar cigar like cuban rejects let alone a $7.50 Java or any other high end cigar for that matter.... yeah, I'll be out of a job.
Yeah, but it's "for the children."

Funding an expanding program with a decreasing revenue
source is just plain fucking stupid, but hey it's Washington. :roll:

I really hope it doesn't pass. They have already proven that tobacco sales will go down if this passes and they are still going ahead with it. Ludicrous I say!

Aaron":5ts6grkc said:
I really hope it doesn't pass. They have already proven that tobacco sales will go down if this passes and they are still going ahead with it. Ludicrous I say!
I hate to bum you out, but it will pass.
The only reason it's not already law is
that President Bush vetoed it twice.
The Obama has pledged to sign it.
Sorry. :cry:

I haven't heard all the details just what the media allows to be fed to us. Is the tax on all tobacco products or just cigarettes & cigars? Are they planning to tax pipe, RYO, snuff, chewing, dipping- all tobaccos?

While the media only refers to a "cigarette" tax, as I understand it; the tax will hammer all tobacco products. Cigars are hit especially hard as the initial "floor" tax used to kick start the program will end up being levied on each "stick." :twisted: This floor tax is an inventory tax levied on a business owners current inventory :no: Read Lew Rothman's take on all this on the JR Cigar website. Think what a $1 per cigar tax (plus the taxes on all the other tobacco products!) will do to most B & M's. These far-left StormTroopers want $$$ up front!! We had this discussion in a Rubber Room thread. This feel-good "kiddy" program will allow parents earning up to about $63K (the states can approve up to $80+K!!) to dump their kids off their insurance plans and on to the public coffers!! The DC crowd :joker: has no clue what this program will cost :evil: I bet it takes less than two years for them to realize that their beloved tobacco taxes ain't enough to pay for it. Change is coming; time to spread the wealth around :bom: FTRPLT

Update: If your local paper runs it, read George Will's syndicated column covering this subject. Now it looks like with all the "deductions" that may be taken under this expanded SCHIP version, families making around $100,000 can qualify to get their kids on this program :suspect: YGBSM!! :no: What a great country!! Where was this program when I coulda used it :?: Better start smoking up a storm to pay for all this, folks!! FTRPLT

I've been reading up on it. 6000% (yes! six thousand!) percent increase of the taxes on cigars, 700% on Rolling Tobacco and 160% on cigarettes, rolling papers, cig tubes, snuff, chewing tobacco & pipe tobacco. It will probably pass this week. No wonder my FVF by the pound is sold out at smokingpipes.com.

THAT'S ENOUGH,,, you're scaring me,, :affraid: ,time to break open the piggy bank and stock up,,,

Quite frankly.....my recent tobac buying binge was based on the fear of price increases (which happened on some items shortly thereafter!!) and this SCHIP tax. FTRPLT

Yea, I finally bit the bullet and bought over 3lbs of various tobacs to beat the tax increase. Hope I bought enough to carry me to next month :D :D :D :D :D