Sad Time for Piet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddler

Reaction score
Piet called today to say that he had lost his beloved dog. Evidently she was in a lot of pain & had to be put down. Between this event & some work for his upcoming exhibition, he said he probably won't be posting much over the next day or two.

Thanks Mudd for letting everyone know.. It is a sad day when we have to let a friend go.. Time for pondering loss and also remembering things that made us smile inside.. Unconditional friendship is so precious ..
Chuck..

Sorry for your loss Piet. I will smoke a bowl of barking dog today in honor of your best friend.

My Brothers!!!
Time to tell it like it is!!
Firstly, Muddler, thanks for starting the thread!!!!!!! I am quite speechless!
Since the word is out, this is how it is.
I was on my way to put up a thread to say that I will be quiet for a while as I am under huge pressure and on top of it all, my best friend and studio partner was put to sleep at 7:45am this morn. He spent the highs and lows with me in the studio and was around for 11 solo showings, sadly he is missing the 12th.
Laker was 11years old and had a good life! For the record, I am a Huge Dog hugger, at times rather pathetic you may say.

Funny how thing can get real ****** up so quick!!
I have been working 3 jobs, sleeping very little, taken huge media shots and spent very little time asleep. Lakers passing has just taken a huge toll on an already fragile situation. Disappointments have been many and gains have been few of late.
I have spent much time here and appreciate everything you fellows have done for me.

Highlights have been all the packages sent and received from brothers. All of you on the board have become my very good friends.
To my buddy Muddler who has offered an escape from the crazy times and inviting me over to his cave for smokes. Your friendship is deeply valued in more ways you would imagine.
My good friends, Falconer, Nitschke, Ron, Dover, Velveteagle, JP, SP, FTRPLT, Yak, Bruins, Gandalf, Pete, Mister E and all the others I fail to mention, you dudes Rock!!!!

Please excuse if I am a tad on the quiet side, I am around for sure!!!!
I may just be a little slow at getting to my PM's and posts for now.
Fear not, Bro's I will keep you all in the loop and you will be the first to see the new work online mid next week.

Bring it on!!!!!!
P.s. Valky and Nitschke, I smoked more good baccy in Ser Jac's today than I have in 42 yrs of my life!!!!
Thanks Bro's

BOB you are saluted.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Wow Piet... all the best to you. I've grown so attached to my dog (I mean my grandson's doggie :roll: ). Thoughts are with you, and you know all of us here have you in our hearts and minds.

Blessings,

Hey Piet, I am so sorry for your loss my man. I have gone through this experience before and can testify that "dis nie lekker nie ou maat" stay strong and know that you are in our thoughts ....

So sorry to hear of your pooch's passing - huge dog lover myself with a very aged pooch - been attempting to contact the devil for some time now so I can make a deal to keep the old gal around forever...

Hang in there - I'm sure the world has better times in store for you soon

Piet,

Sorry to hear about your tribulations. I hope things get better for you soon. And good luck with your showing.

Piet,
Sorry to hear about Laker.
May you have peace and a pipefull of comfort!
EJ

I am so sorry, Piet. I hope that peace embraces you asap!

Hang in there Bro. We are all here if you need us.

Lou

I feel your pain Piet and I am here, just an email, post or PM away! I completely understand as I am probably closer with my little Lucy than anyone on the planet except Jesus! I'll be in touch!

Sad indeed, I can relate to your loss, rest assured Laker will be with you by your side in your memories.

Piet, extremely sad for your loss especially at what sounds like a stressful time already. Passing of a long-time friend and companion like that can be worse than the passing of a human friend. Dogs are with us so much during their relatively short lives. My Rose is going to be 11 this spring and I know her time will be sooner rather than later, I can't bear to think of it.

Piet: just remember that Laker will be the first thing to greet you when you too pass on to The Other Side. I'm smoking a bowl in his honor.for you now. Hang in there brother.