Sadness turns to hopefulness

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Sadly the Ingo Garbe Lovat estate pipe I purchased had developed a soft spot under the cake which was not seen. The first smoke was fine and incredibly dry. When I smoked the pipe 5 days later in the rotation I felt a hot spot where I had my thumb so when I cleaned it out after it cooled I noticed what looked like a burnout in progress.

I notified the dealer and he asked me to send it back and once he inspected it he agreed it was a burnout in progress and offered me a full refund. I thanked him for his exceptional customer service on the pipe and told him how sad I was that this happened since I’d never had anything I’ve purchased from him develop anything and it was easy to see how this could not be seen since it had a cake and smoked very well.

He did have a few other pipes by Ingo Garbe all estates but one was unsmoked and I asked if he would place the refund toward purchasing that pipe, he agreed and I am in process of getting the payment to him.

May I introduce my new Ingo Garbe.
banjo

45385995874_e3cdc48cef_z_d.jpg

45385995684_132629f098_z_d.jpg

Well, bummer that your pipe developed a burn out, but the way it was handled speaks volumes for your dealer. Hope you enjoy your new pipe and have much better luck with it.