Salt n Straw Ice Cream

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Took my boy out for a family ‘burgers & beer’ birthday thing. The small neighborhood pub we went to (The Grain and Gristle) had amazing burgers (I added bleu cheese to mine). Both my son and I chose a pint of “The Enforcer” crafted by Montevilla Brew Works in Portland. It’s described as: “Imperial Stout brewed with six international malts and Amarillo hops. Smooth, soft carbonation allows chocolate and roasted malts to shine. Very drinkable and mellow body despite its formidable strength.” What a great time.

Afterwards we went over to the Salt n Straw ice cream shop to take ourselves to the edge with some craft level ice cream. They are known for their “unique” flavors. I had a bowl with two scoops...Bleu Cheese with Pear...and...Honey Lavender. Both were amazing and over the top delicious.

I feel like a Sarlacc into which Jabba has thrown one to many prisoners.

That's some crazy ice cream flavors. I was just looking at their website. That is some serious creativity.

We have a local independent down that street that made the news including Good Day America, which is amazing since this guy is in the Wake county of NC. He sells an ice cream you are required to sign a wavier to get. It is made with Carolina Reaper peppers. Buddy of mine wanted a sample and he still had to sign the waiver! And yes it will light you up. Place is slammed packed all the time in the small little space off a highway between towns. Best ice cream I have ever had.