Sam G. Apricot

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrumsAndBeer

Reaction score
This is the first snuff that I have tried that I would have to catagorize as dreadful. I grew up in a house with 7 Blenhiem apricot trees on the lot and this stuff is about as apricoty as a cherry Jolly Rancher. The sweet fruit scent and deep tobacco tone don't work for me. It's like a turd wrapped in a fruit roll-up. My schnoz was crying foul at the flavor of this product.

If you enjoy this flavor or you're intersted in trying it, there's a free tin for the first Brother to PM his addy. I have vacuum sealed it in a food saver bag to keep it sealed and fresh. :D

Wow, that is one of my favorites. Hopefully a brother who hasn't tried it yet PM's you quick.

Yeah Kaiser, I am a bit bummed that this one wasn't for me.

The Sammy G. snuff aside everything else I have tried so far is great.

As per your recommendation the F&T Morlaix is very nice. I thought I was not going to like it, but the tin scent and applied scent are remarkably different. It's amazing how much it opens up once inhaled. Even more so with F&T French Carotte, which smells bad in the tin, but lovely once applied.

The tin is still looking for a good home.

SG fruit scents and I never clicked.

I like a lot of their snuffs. Just not those.

poschl makes a SG Apricot that I believe to be different from the regular SG variety. - it is tops in apricot yumminess...

the poschl is definitely different, with a nice menthol kick. I happen to like them both...

Yep, love the Poschl stuff but comparing the two is apples and oranges. The Poschl has a nice dried apricot scent that comes through ever so slightly beneath what I think is a pretty intense menthol experience. I was hoping the Sammy G stuff would have the Poschl scent minus the menthol. The SG is just waaaaay too sweet for my tastes.

petertschantz":cwe6fg4s said:
wow that is interesting, one of my favorites....

Interesting how that works...
Just like pipe tobacco. Luckily they make so much there is something for everyone!