Samuel Gawith Commonwealth and Winter Time

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmansmokingpipe

Reaction score
has anyone tried these? is Samuel Gawith tobacco good quality? ssory for the dumb question - i believe it is from what i read. also which has the more darker deeper Latakia of the 2. are they both good?

Can only comment on Commonwealth. It's latweed-forward, smokes wonderfully, is great for an evening/late afternoon smoke. One of my absolute favorite latweeds :D :D :cheers: FTRPLT

Thanks! I will try it. Just been so disappointed with many tobaccos over the years. waste of $ to me.

I've not tried either of the two mentioned but the Samual Gawith tobaccos I have tried are very deep, rich tobaccos. They tend to be quite powerful in nicotine as well. Quality is top notch though as is consistency.

Jim

Back when I was into Lats, I liked Squadron Leader in the SG line-up. Not at all a powerhouse, just a good easy going English bowl.

Don't think SG makes any powerhouses in any of their lines. Rather, they tend to be very balanced and approachable, yet thoroughly enjoyable. That's my take FWIW.

If you're looking for a forthright Lat-forward blend SG might not be your cup-of-tea.

OTOH, they do wonderful things with 'ginnys. And that's my territory these days.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks - from what i see the 2 i mentioned is more Latakia forward and darker than the squadron leader. I will see in a couple of days when i open one of them up. trying to figure which one goes first. :D

As above.

I've not tried the two blends you allude to but have been impressed with the Sammy G blends that I keep in my cellar; off the top of my head - Squadron Leader, Best Brown, Fire dance, and my fave St James Flake.

In my eyes SG is a safe bet.