Santa Came Back From a Defecit!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Reaction score
Well, I was certainly disappointed with Santa last year, but I believe he is sincere in making up for the faux pas!

My first Pre Transition Barling, weighing in at 37 grams. This pipe is stamped "BARLING'S (curved) over MAKE over YE OLDE WOOD over 399 next to T.V.F., while on the right side is MADE IN ENGLAND EXEL. "

Also, I got a Lane Era Charatan straight grain, weighing in at 58 grams. This one is stamped "CHARATAN'S MAKE over LONDON ENGLAND over SELECTED next to the LANE FLORID L, on the bottom is the number 4, and on the right MADE BY HAND."

Both these pipes have original stems.

Wow those are really nice; classics. Congrats!

Santa did you right Dutch !! Some of the finest old wood is in that Barling!! Over 100 yo Algerian briar!! It will spoil you !! :twisted: And a Selected straight grained Charatan !! One of the high grades they made !! Your in for some FANTASTIC smoking with BOTH of those !! :cheers: :twisted:

Thanks for the approval guys! I already had a old Charatan I bought for a song that needs to be restored, but I just never got around to having it done.

Also, I remember Steve Fallon saying that his favorite pipes were the old pre transition Barlings, and I have been wanting one, or two, or three ever since.

They look to be Lat pipes, but we will see when they arrive in the mail.