Santa Claus smokes a pipe; what did he bring you?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Bum

Reaction score
Greetings fellow pipers... Okay, just a general thread here, but what did you guys get that was pipe/tobacco related for Christmas? Me, I got 4 ounces of Haunted Bookshop, which I am smoking right now in a 1/8 bent rusticated Rinaldo egg... quite tasty indeed! I also got a tin of Kingfisher Double Cut Krumble Kake, a tin of C&D Kajun Kake, and a tin of Captain Earle's Mystic Blend (anyone know this one?)... But, the big surprise: a Corona Old Boy -- Ya, baby! My smoking experience has definitely been taken to the next level with this great lighter! So, what did you guys get, included you Secret Santa participants?

Best Holiday wishes,

Trout Bum

No pipe related gifts for me other than from the BoB Secret Santa.

I recieved a Boswell Spiral Freehand with my initials on it for Christmas. :) Smokes like a charm. Thank you Santa! :santa:

No pipe related stuff for me either, but a wonderful day and lots-o-gifts that I need. Several reffing paraphernalia (all in black, of course) and dress shirts and ties (my boss is a stickler for dressing "professional").

Natch

The only Christmas gift I got was Secret Santa.... and maybe Ej's gift (don't know if that counts)

Oh yeah the Mrs bought me a GPS but I took it back.... Got called a selfish so and so for not giving her the money back. :D :D

well let me see.. a new sandblast bent brandy from tom eltang, lots of ring grain on this one.... a tin of 92 christmas cheer... about 5 new lighters... about 2 months of pipe cleaners... a tin of former crossgrain flake. not a bad christmas!

puros_bran":flo4pl09 said:
The only Christmas gift I got was Secret Santa.... and maybe Ej's gift (don't know if that counts)

Oh yeah the Mrs bought me a GPS but I took it back.... Got called a selfish so and so for not giving her the money back. :D :D
A GPS would seem like an ideal gift for you... isn't that one of those things that tells you where to go and how to get there fast.

yeah Puffs but Tasha normally tells me where to go and how to get there... matter o fact I think the last time she gave me the directions was when I ungratefully returned that Christmas Present. :D :D :D :D :D

For Christmas I got a 2oz tin of GLP Key Largo and a 2oz tin of C&D Exausted Rooster.
Worked on the Key Largo all day the 26th. It was a good thing I was home all day cause it took it all to smoke a bowl of it. It seemed a bit more moist than what I'm used to so I had to work at it, which helped to enjoy it more. I started the bowl (my #6 Tinsky Rhodesian) in the morning, and would smoke for a while, then go out to work on a project around the property, then in at lunch to eat and smoke a bit more, then back outside in the afternoon, finishing the bowl after supper. Since I'm such a noobie at the finer tined tobaccos and lack the sophistication to more accurately describe it, I would have to say the label description was very accurate; Deep, Earthy and Creamy. I feel that this would be an excellent candidate to cellar.
I havent tried the Exausted Rooster yet, maybe New Years day.

My wife gave me a small santa claus meer,,,short smoke,,,maybe 20 minutes worth,,,open draw,,smokes nice and will come in handy,,,
1000 extra fluffy tapered pipe cleaners,,,,500 regular pipe cleaners,,,,a slab of marble for the top of my (unfinished as of now) tobacco cabinet, enough walnut (wood, JP)
to build the pipe rack to go on top of the tobacco cabinet,,,and enough sheet copper to build a small humidor to go inside ,,,,and a gift certificate to purchase the drawer hardware,,, :pipe:

Pipe related items I received were:

1/2 pound bulk McClelland 5100, a new pipe lighter, and a hand made tamper from my dad.

LtMac

On the 12th day of Christmas :afro: gave to me, a pound of FVF!

I must have been a good bro' this year :mrgreen:

One caveat. A little card attached to the jar that says "Don't open until Christmas 2013". :santa:

My wife, God bless her, gave me a gift certificate to Smoky's which turned into a beautiful (and unusual) Bjarne nose warmer and a tin of Dan Tobacco Shannon. My son built me a wonderful two tiered tobacco table. It has 12 jars that will hold about 6 oz of bulk each, has a shelf for tins and a box to hold all my cleaning supplies. It's amazing. When I can I'll post some pictures. :cheers:

Centurian 803":vz2x62wu said:
My wife, God bless her, gave me a gift certificate to Smoky's which turned into a beautiful (and unusual) Bjarne nose warmer and a tin of Dan Tobacco Shannon. My son built me a wonderful two tiered tobacco table. It has 12 jars that will hold about 6 oz of bulk each, has a shelf for tins and a box to hold all my cleaning supplies. It's amazing. When I can I'll post some pictures. :cheers:
Very nice Centurian!

vaperfavour":085s5023 said:
well let me see.. a new sandblast bent brandy from tom eltang, lots of ring grain on this one.... a tin of 92 christmas cheer... about 5 new lighters... about 2 months of pipe cleaners... a tin of former crossgrain flake. not a bad christmas!
Tom Eltang pipes are gorgeous. Don't have any but I often look at his site, along with Roush, Rad Davis, Mark Tinsky, Brad Pohlmann, the list goes on. All pipes I can't afford right now! Nothing better than looking at amazing craftsmanship! (well, maybe smoking them would be even better! 8) )