Sante's pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipe friend

Reaction score
Hi, This is Dan Leroux I am the person selling Sante's pipes for Eileen Giuliani . I joined the Brothers of Briar so I could get help occasionally with questions I may have concerning Sante's pipes and tobacco . After several months of handling the pipes I have gained a great appreciation for his last hobby , hand carved pipes are works of art and should be appreciated . I am working to give his pipes good homes and in turn put cash into Eileen's bank account for some much needed repairs to her home . I'd like to thank all of those who have reached out to me and answered questions pertaining to his collection . If you have any questions or ideas on how I can help Eileen better move this collection feel free to contact me . Thanks Pipe friend Dan Leroux

Welcome Dan, Good Luck with the pipe sales. Over the years I've found tax refund time to be a good to sell pipes. :shock:

Welcome Dan, I must say you’re doing a grand job selling Sante’s pipes, you’re doing it gradually rather than flooding the market. This does take longer but should yield better returns.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to smoke one of Fish’s lovely pipes.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Dan,

It's very kind of you to take on the project for Eileen. Sante was well liked and well respected among the BOB members, and of course had a wonderful collection of fine pipes that I always enjoyed seeing. He'll forever be "Keeping it smoky". If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

As for the tobacco, you may wish to contact Steve Fallon (pipestud.com) and have him take the tins on consignment. I believe that he takes a 30% fee, but has a steady following of pipe smokers that flood his website every saturday morning when he posts new consignment tins. I don't think he takes bulk tobaccos, so anything in jars or non factory sealed packaging would likely have to be sold elsewhere. You could always consider listing some of the bulks here on BOB in the "Trading Post" as some of our members may be interested in purchasing them.

I wish you success with the sales and hope that Eileen gets what she needs to do the required repairs. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if I may be of service in any way.

Best,

Loren (lgold12 on EBay and Instagram)

I claim it is easy to flood the market with a set of pipes like this. It is probably better to put 5 maybe on the 'Bay every two weeks. This may not be what Eileen would prefer, but it will get you the best prices. That two week interval works with pay periods, etc.

BriarBeagle":6pjjecyi said:
Hi Dan,

It's very kind of you to take on the project for Eileen.  Sante was well liked and well respected among the BOB members, and of course had a wonderful collection of fine pipes that I always enjoyed seeing.  He'll forever be "Keeping it smoky".  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  

As for the tobacco, you may wish to contact Steve Fallon (pipestud.com) and have him take the tins on consignment.  I believe that he takes a 30% fee, but has a steady following of pipe smokers that flood his website every saturday morning when he posts new consignment tins.  I don't think he takes bulk tobaccos, so anything in jars or non factory sealed packaging would likely have to be sold elsewhere.  You could always consider listing some of the bulks here on BOB in the "Trading Post" as some of our members may be interested in purchasing them.

I wish you success with the sales and hope that Eileen gets what she needs to do the required repairs.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if I may be of service in any way.

Best,

Loren  (lgold12 on EBay and Instagram)
Well said, so I'll second that.

Dan

I moved this to the "fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack" forum and made it a sticky since it's a fitting way to honor the man who made such an impression on pipe smokers everywhere.

Keeping it smokey!

Cheers,

RR

Echoing what others have said, I think you’re doing a great job with the pipe sales and Steve Fallon is your guy for moving his tins. Thank you for taking this on, I know that I and many of Sante’s other online friends are honored to be able to acquire pieces from his collection. I just received this Ser Jacopo from you, which was just as described and perfectly packed—my only suggestion would be to remove the stems and wrap them separately before mailing, but with the level of packing material you use it’s probably not necessary.

Again, so happy to have this arrive on International Pipe Smoking Day—about to “keep it smoky” and remember a good man.

Aha!!! So you got that Ser Jacopo :p Good for you!! Sante's Andreas Bauer Meer resides with me! Looking at others as they arrive on site!! Let me second (or third, fourth, fifth!!) sending any tinned tobacco to Steve Fallon to sell on his site!! :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":l9k5f7jh said:
Aha!!! So you got that Ser Jacopo :p Good for you!! Sante's Andreas Bauer Meer resides with me! Looking at others as they arrive on site!! Let me second (or third, fourth, fifth!!) sending any tinned tobacco to Steve Fallon to sell on his site!! :cheers: FTRPLT
I got the pipe but not this message apparently haha. But cheers all the same, better late than never! Just snagged an old Orlik of Sante's, will update once it arrives.

Yo Brothers - DanL has been doing a fine job of helping Eileen, Sante's widow, with finding new homes for Sante's fly rods and pipes. But not being a pipe smoker, Dan has little background on tobacco. I've been giving them a hand, starting with the tins, since using Sante's original purchase prices, many from 10 or more years ago, won't do what we should to help Eileen out. I'll be posting in the Trading section as soon as I figure out how to attach pictures.

hp
les