Sasieni Ashford "S" Ruff Root

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
This Ashford S model was listed at a very reasonable BIN, so I grabbed it. The pipe looked like an easy restoration and I had no surprises. It doesn't have the great blast my other Ashford Ruff Root has, but the stem dots are pristine and a beautiful shade of blue. While I prefer the profile of the tapered stem model, the S model is a bit better balanced and I suspect will be more comfortable to smoke. The regular models weight 34 grams, this S weighs 39 grams.

I smoked the pipe this morning and it did not disappoint. It is definitely better balanced and an easier smoke than my more stubby, tapered stem Ashfords.

The restoration details are here:
https://rebornpipes.com/2016/04/27/sasieni-ashford-s-ruff-root-restoration/

And some Before & After photos.

Before

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_before-1.jpg

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_before-2.jpg

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_before-3.jpg

After

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_finish-1.jpg

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_finish-5.jpg

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_finish-2.jpg

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_finish-4.jpg

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_finish-7.jpg

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_finish-3.jpg

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_finish-8.jpg

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_finish-9.jpg

sasieni_ashford_s_ruff-root_finish-10.jpg

Another job well done Al. I can't find any reason why that pipe wouldn't look great in my collection. :)

AJ

I was admiring the pipe in a modest way (that's actually quite decent blasting, IMO), then I saw its tapered stem brother. Balance be damned, I say!  :lol:

Sorry guys, this one hangs with me for now. Here's the other three Ashfords. I had a 4th, a Walnut, sold to fund the unsmoked Natural. Based on the Walnut Ashford that sold today on Ebay, I undersold that one....

Beautiful job on the pipe, Al. I may be the odd one out, but I prefer the saddle stem. 8)

Nice pipe! I love all of my Sasieni's, good smokers.
And nice refurb!