Sassiness mouthpiece

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denholrl

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers on posting images. I think I've got it, now.

So, the issue is the mouthpiece on the Sasieni pictured below. I just won it from Gabriella Harvell (bellasesales) . It's a beautiful, tight grained FOUR-DOT NATURAL 'Buckingham' and arrived perfectly cleaning ready to smoke. My post has to do with the mouthpiece. This one has a saddle. Other 'Buckinghams' I've seen have taper mouthpieces. I'm wondering if Sasieni used taper and saddle mouthpieces interchangeably on the same shape.

I see you there! I have a Sasieni 4Dot Natural bent apple that I enjoy a lot. It smokes great and I am sure yours will also. Does your pipe have the 4 dots on the side of the stem? If it doesn't, then either the pipe has a replacement stem or it isn't a 4 dot.

I have seen Sasieni use an "S" following the shape/town name to denote a pipe with a saddle stem vice its usual taper one. These have all been earlier "family era" pieces with or without the "football" Sasieni stamping. For instance, Steve Fallon just had an unsmoked saddle "Danzey" that sold yesterday. The markings had the "S" stamped to the right of the "Danzey" name. My "Danzey/s" are all tapers, no "S" stamped. I do notice what appears to be a small "8" or "s" on the right/ Made in England" side of your pipe (lower pic). If it's an "s" that may denote the saddle stem. FWIW!! :cheers: FTRPLT

denholrl, what a great looking classic. To my eye, that is what a pipe is supposed to look like. Beautiful grain on that as well. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.

Thanks for giving me a heads up about the 'S." I thought it was a sand pit before looking at it under magnification, but there it is . . . to the right of 'Buckingham.'

Rob

I have a 4 dot natural quarter bent Dublin with saddle stem. Excellent smoker

I love Sasieni pipes :cheers:

Yep, Sasieni added the S by the shape number to denote the saddle stem, on most (all?) of their pipes.
The Natural was their highest grade, and that one shows it! Good pick up.

I've owned a couple of Barlings, and have older Comoy's and Dunhiill's, but my favorite stems are on my Four Dots. Enjoy it!

cigrmaster":pmyp3cn2 said:
denholrl, what a great looking classic. To my eye, that is what a pipe is supposed to look like. Beautiful grain on that as well. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.
Agree!! Beautiful pipe...congratulations :cheers: