Satellite uplinks are not all that....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Hey folks...........

I've got a good signal. Hope all is well for y'all.

Been reveling in self indulgent feeding and general uplifting of spirits by, well, many means. This morning I hooked up my Belgium waffle iron to the AC inverter and cooked waffles, Missouri free range chicken eggs and bacon for the neighborhood, gave away a couple dozen pipes and various tobacco blends. I was paid with smiles and whiskeys, hugs and names and numbers of new acquaintances/friends. Though these folks have been the cream of Humanity during a crisis, I am really ready to hide in my forest home. The needs here are beyond my waving a wand or calling down action.

For those of you wanting and willing to reach out and help, (PB, I hold you in esteem), I would encourage you all to continue to help, reach out, lend a hand to those now in need, in whatever way you can. Humanity is in this Schnitzel on this rock, and there really isn't anywhere for you to escape. Huddle up!

There is always another wave.

Love to you all, take care and carry on!

Oz...You have a huge heart!! Blessings to all of it!!! Our extended family in Houston is basically devastated, although some came out of it a bit better off than expected. Best of luck on your journey home! FTRPLT

Oz, with all the s**t going on in the world, it's wonderful to know that people like you are out there too. Have a safe journey back to the forest.

Adam

Kudos to you Ozzie and all that you've been doing. It all makes a difference, no matter how small the effort, and you've done more than most!

:heart:

Cheers,

RR

Thanks guys, but I am not doing anything that anyone else would not extend, given the chance. I just happen to have the opportunity to do what I can. You would do the same.....

Tonight is my last night here. I am totally pooped, and out of resources to pass out. The truck is empty, save my bag of clothes and what's left of my personal stash of tobaccos to get me home. Watching gas prices is also pressing my departure. Holy cow!

I am so ready for a nice shower, a fresh set of clothes and a well rested rotation of pipes. These poor Falcons:no: Managed to blow up a Washington cob. I can squeeze it and moosh it about like a ripe orange. Still, it never gave me a gurgle or complained a bit. I'll need to pick up a few more of them for the future.

When I heard about the Columbia River Gorge burning, both sides of the river, burning, the falls, the people trapped, the ash falling in Portland, I couldn't stop crying. I sat in the truck, blasting the AC, and just curled up in the seat for a while. I could not help. It was like hearing my church burned down, along with the library, the art, the ambience.

I'm ready to go home......................

Oz, my heart breaks for you. I know how much that part of the country means to you. Try and look on the bright side though once the new growth gets ahold it will be a new kind of magnificent! Nature always rises from the ashes just as beautiful as ever.

Take some time for yourself brother. You've pushed and given so much of yourself you need to be sure you take care to recharge or you'll end up feeling broken inside for a long time.

Safe journeys
Jim