Savinelli Milano De Luxe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In regard to the original question, the De Luxe Milano line back in the day was under the Giubileo and the Punto Oro, but above the Oscar, Extra, Sherwood, and Capri. They were standard shapes that existed before Savinelli began to put bells and whistles on the pipes in the 1980's, like the Champagne line.

With a Milano, you can always count on a great grain and finish, but with a couple of minor fills. You can tell Savinelli thought a lot about them back in the day, because they always inlaid that brass bar in the stem.

mattia76":786pu63j said:
In regard to the original question, the De Luxe Milano line back in the day was under the Giubileo and the Punto Oro, but above the Oscar, Extra, Sherwood, and Capri.  They were standard shapes that existed before Savinelli began to put bells and whistles on the pipes in the 1980's, like the Champagne line.

With a Milano, you can always count on a great grain and finish, but with a couple of minor fills.  You can tell Savinelli thought a lot about them back in the day, because they always inlaid that brass bar in the stem.
Thank you, my bro'.  :cheers: 

Hope this pipe arrives soon.

I'm so glad I bought this pipe. I've been reaching for it more often than not. It smokes like champ and I can now understand why the previous owner had it repaired instead of dumping it.

Smoking some Bayou Morning in it right now, just can't put it down, so sweet, so satisfying  :cheers: 

In regard to the original question, the De Luxe Milano line back in the day was under the Giubileo and the Punto Oro, but above the Oscar, Extra, Sherwood, and Capri.
That's really helpful. I've refurbished three Savinelli DeLuxe Milano pipes, and moved two on to new homes. Both of the pipes I sold had one or two minor fills, but the pipe I held onto was fill free. The finish on these pipes is similar to that of the Giubileo D'oro pipes, with the aforementioned pits/filled and with a solid brass bar embedded in the stem (versus the 3 brass dots of the Giubileo D'oro).

The lovat which I held onto remains a wonderful flake smoker, and is in my rotation for Virginias and VaPers.

-- Pat

monbla256":e6t1z0zm said:
I'd say they were a mid-range line, in the same area price and quality wise as the Champagne series. I have 4 Deluxe Milano Savs and EVERYONE is a FANTASTIC smoker!! I love 'em !!  :cheers: :cheers: 
I have 2 Savinelli de luxe Milano's and love both of them! Also wonder what "quality range" they fit in. However, judged on the smoke, I would put it higher than 5.2 / 10 :)

umfunix":vgc55moc said:
monbla256":vgc55moc said:
I'd say they were a mid-range line, in the same area price and quality wise as the Champagne series. I have 4 Deluxe Milano Savs and EVERYONE is a FANTASTIC smoker!! I love 'em !!  :cheers: :cheers: 
I have 2 Savinelli de luxe Milano's and love both of them!  Also wonder what "quality range" they fit in.  However, judged on the smoke, I would put it higher than 5.2 / 10 :)
5.2/10 ain't so bad when you consider their tens are insanely grained super high end handmades and often really big so it's harder to find an impeccable piece of briar. I think if you separate their standard shapes and their free hands it helps because they are almost two different markets.

Oh hell, you said smoke qualities. Well if you remove the aesthetic and collectible qualities from those higher ends then 5.2 might be low already. I think my best Savinelli's smoke better than 5.2 compared to my best smoking pipe (10).

juanmedusa":qm481pwb said:
Oh hell, you said smoke qualities. Well if you remove the aesthetic and collectible qualities from those higher ends then 5.2 might be low already. I think my best Savinelli's smoke better than 5.2 compared to my best smoking pipe (10).
I have 14 Sav's of which 8 are Punto Oro's and one a De Luxe Milano. But whatever they are called, ALL of them are super smokers, no less than 9.5/10  :cheers: :bounce: :cheers:  Even my "cheapest" Sav, a Pisa Canadian, smokes the same or better than a Dunhill  :twisted: 

Mine are bit all over the place. I have an Oscar Aries, a melange, Oscar Lucite, a caffe, a Hercules, saint Nicolas, punto de Oro corallo. I had a trevi. And all over the place shape wise too.