Scandalous?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
I just got an email for "GL Pease's Virginia Cream only at P&C." Curious since I've already purchased and received it from Smokingpipes.com. Also checking SP it can be found in stock. Foul play advertising? What do you think?

Perhaps fire them an email with the detail stating that their advertising is incorrect and misleading. They certainly seem to be vying for an unfounded advantage.

Curious indeed...

Kinda how when they say a product is on sale, and you come to find out that the sale price can be the usual price elsewhere. So it should read FOR sale, rather than ON sale..............

hinky

I got the same thing and sent a reply asking, WTF. Their response....

"Thanks for contacting Pipes & Cigars. I am sorry for any confusion. The person who originally created this email was under the impression this tobacco was exclusive to P&C. A comedy of errors ensued and somehow the corrected copy was not what was sent out. In essence, the “only at P&C” in this email is evidence of our fallibility as human beings. Nothing more."

This is only the 103445834th time something like this has happened over at P&C.

Blackhorse":bckmgvg2 said:
I got the same thing and sent a reply asking, WTF. Their response....

"Thanks for contacting Pipes & Cigars. I am sorry for any confusion. The person who originally created this email was under the impression this tobacco was exclusive to P&C. A comedy of errors ensued and somehow the corrected copy was not what was sent out. In essence, the “only at P&C” in this email is evidence of our fallibility as human beings. Nothing more."
...and so, recognising their fallibility, have they now sought to rectify their error or have they left the misleading statement in place?