Scary event going on right now!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":nilg3bio said:
Just as a postscript, on reflection my next door neighbor was very probably exaggerating about the number of police as well as snipers in trees.

There may have been as many as a couple dozen cops on site including the SWAT team by my reckoning. And the concept of snipers in trees is a little far fetched where I live, due to the trees here being tall firs. The branches of these don't even start until some 10'-15' off the ground or more. So how is a sniper supposed to climb these, with the cleats and harness that a tree feller would use? Just doesn't add up.

Methinks my neighbor was a bit tiddly when he told me this. At the time I was trying to take this all in so accepted it. Now, not so much........

Cheers,

RR
Rande, they might not have been in the trees, but you can bet they had at least one sniper posted in an elevated position. Most likely on one of the neighbors rooftops. Police nowdays just have too much liability not to have as many bases covered as possible.

Friday I learned much more about this event. More than I wanted to know actually!

While getting my hair cut at the town barbershop, the woman barber there who lives in my neighborhood got to telling me that her house was literally next door to the one with the nut job. She went on to say that she was at the barbershop at the time and the nanny was home with her young son. The nanny rang the barbershop all in tears saying the SWAT team had arrived and cordoned off the area, telling her to stay in one room on the opposite side of the house to the one they wanted, in case of stray bullets penetrating the walls. So she was isolated there for hours with the baby, and not able to get his food or diapers, etc.

According to her there were indeed snipers on her roof, and behind trees. The guy they wanted had a long history of domestic violence and the police were often at the house. In this instance, he was planning a murder/suicide and intended to kill his wife and child first. Then wait for the teenagers to come home and do them before blowing himself away!

The SWAT team managed to get the wife and child out of the house first though, before "persuading" the guy to come out after launching a stun grenade and tear gas.

The woman barber said she didn't doubt there were 200 police in the area, so my next door neighbor was more accurate than I thought!

Cheers,

RR

That's wild to say the least. I know people say guns, drugs or the breakdown of the American family is the reason these things happen in society. But it's not all that important really. I hope the guy gets the help he needs before he goes to jail.