Scottie Piersel is now being knocked off...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny, thanks for sharing. What's a Scottopipe....lmao

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I don't know who the person is, but doing a search brought me to his facebook page. He has some pokers on the page that look very much like Dagner's too. My thing is, the originals are not that highly priced... why would I want a knockoff that cost almost as much? :lol:

Not new been around for a while, at least longer than the Dagners with "their pipes", at least this guy actually carves his own stuff! His name is Juan Scotto. If you look through his pipes, he is all over the place as far as "style" goes. Some of his stuff looks pretty good and I have been tempted, but never pulled the trigger.

DoverPipes":gwatibf3 said:
Not new been around for a while, at least longer than the Dagners with "their pipes", at least this guy actually carves his own stuff! His name is Juan Scotto. If you look through his pipes, he is all over the place as far as "style" goes. Some of his stuff looks pretty good and I have been tempted, but never pulled the trigger.
That's cool. I should not be so quick to reply about something I have little knowledge about. Sorry.

I suspect someone can be skilled at the actual making of a pipe, but not so good at original design. So they copy. It’s okay. My granddad and namesake loved to oil paint copies of Renaissance masters. I remember the smell in his studio as I watched him. I was too young to ask good questions or even realize that not all grandfathers could do this. All his grandkids have at least one hanging in their homes ... they can be quite startling to guests. He never painted anything original in spite of many, many requests. It’s okay. People like it.

He's the father of pipe maker Juan Urquiza, who I know from the Allentown PA club.  He (his name is Juan Scotto) dabbles in making pipes himself.  I think he just makes what he likes and means no disrespect to other pipe makers, and i think he enjoys trying to stretch his skill set.  At $100/pipe, I dont think anyone's going to confuse that with one of Scottie P's pipes.

Juan U's pipes, not bad for a guy in it about a year. I hung out with him earlier this year (along with the guys from PA Standard Tobacco).
https://www.pipehub.com/j-p-urquiza-pipes-1/shops/view/233

riff raff":03f6fpay said:
He's the father of pipe maker Juan Urquiza, who I know from the Allentown PA club.  He (his name is Juan Scotto) dabbles in making pipes himself.  I think he just makes what he likes and means no disrespect to other pipe makers, and i think he enjoys trying to stretch his skill set.  At $100/pipe, I dont think anyone's going to confuse that with one of Scottie P's pipes.

Juan U's pipes, not bad for a guy in it about a year.  I hung out with him earlier this year (along with the guys from PA Standard Tobacco).
https://www.pipehub.com/j-p-urquiza-pipes-1/shops/view/233
Juan has come a long way in just over a year!

Juan has his own style and after reading more about the maker I don't believe he means any disrespect to Scottie P.
Juan makes a nice looking pipe for around $100.00 and his skills will only get better. Good luck... :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!