Scrolling/mouse issue?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This may be an obvious problem to some, but I have to ask-

I frequently get problems with using the wheel on the mouse. As in like when I want to scroll down and it acts in reverse. And it's also intermittent but when it starts acting up it drives me nuts - like right now! The scroll keys on the keyboard are not affected which leads me to believe it's the mouse.

Get a new mouse, right?

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":dsg9sket said:
This may be an obvious problem to some, but I have to ask-

I frequently get problems with using the wheel on the mouse. As in like when I want to scroll down and it acts in reverse. And it's also intermittent but when it starts acting up it drives me nuts - like right now! The scroll keys on the keyboard are not affected which leads me to believe it's the mouse.

Get a new mouse, right?

Cheers,

RR
I too have problems with mine from time to time BD, mine's a laser type and I think it's just time for a new one.
The contacts in the wheel get dirty and start to fail and I'm too lazy to pull mine apart and clean it cause there not that expensive to replace nowadays. If you still have one with a roller ball it's time for a new one I think anyway sir. ;)

If the mouse doesn't seem to be worth fixing, you might consider a Trackpad. Same thing, less real estate required on the desk.

Picked up a new basic mouse at Best Buy this AM for like $8. Seems to have done the trick, but this one also seems much faster so will take some getting used to.

Thanks for the input all.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":scwedg2d said:
Picked up a new basic mouse at Best Buy this AM for like $8. Seems to have done the trick, but this one also seems much faster so will take some getting used to.

Thanks for the input all.

Cheers,

RR
If your running Windows you should be able to go to your control panel and open Mouse controls to adjust that, if not...... ;)

Access the device driver options and there you modify the mouse's behavior....Or.......

Try something different and modify your behavior with the mouse...

Either way works!:cheers: