Secret Santa 2009 II.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually hate it...

But where else can I get a bunch of phone numbers, addys, and emails to sell to the telemarketer,junk mailers, spammers???????????????

Holy Cow!!! Today has been one of those God awful days where everything goes wrong. Had to be out shopping - unbelievable crowds of rude and obnoxious people - pouring down rain mixed with sleet and snow. Finally got to go home and there to my great pleasure was a box from Santa himself. Since I'm a great believer in delayed gratification (and I had about a gabillion things to do) I waited until just a few minutes ago to open it.
First thing I noticed was a wonderful spicy aroma that made my mouth water (as a matter of fact it still is watering). I knew it couldn't be the Styrofoam pnuts (more shielding for the unlicensed nuclear reactor in the basement) so I fished around and pulled out a plastic ziplock bag with a HUGE sampling of McClelland #2015. I'm talking HUGE!!!
Then there was a 100g tin of McClelland's Christmas Cheer (something I've wanted to try) and a 50g tin of Dunhill NightCap (never thought I'd get to try this).
Santa included a bag of organic coffee from Maine - his note said that "a good pipe is nothing without a proper pairing of a great cup of joe." A sentiment with which I am in absolute agreement!
And last of all a beautiful Peterson 80S Smooth Shannon!!! Ever since some of the brothers have been posting about this shape Pete and how much they love it I've been trying to figure out how to fit one into the budget. It's like Santa can read your mind! When you think of it that's kinda scary!!!
Also in the package was a very nice card and a very thoughtful letter.
Thank you SS. You have made my day - and probably my month!!!

jhuggett":ns725ly5 said:
I think the board secret santa is one of my favorite things I do every year... Really is fun. Thanks again PB for setting it up.
Even though this was my first time I have thoroughly enjoyed it and am already looking forward to next year.

Good deal...

Once again my job is done. Thank you fellows for participating, this really is nothing without you guys.
Dover, I hope you are as happy with your package as everyone else seemed to be with theirs, your Santa is a great guy and I suspect he went big...

You guys have a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year..

Thanx pb, It's a wonderment when we think of others, Ken :tongue: :santa:
Pacem pb! :tongue: :rendeer:

Glad you stuff made it to you Centurian. Sounds like about the best end to a bad day possible.

Well, I made it home and opened my :santa: B.O.B. SS 2009 :santa: box and much to my surprise, NO COAL!!!!!
My Washington State Santa sent me the following (pictured below also):

2 50g tins of PCCA Beacon (My all time FAVORITE VaPer!!!!)
2 100g tins of McClelland Christmas Cheer (2005 & 2007)
1 50g tin of McClelland's Blending Perique (To blend into the Christmas Cheer!!! mmmmmm)

A large bag of HIGH GRADE Lapsang Souchong loose tea leaves & a Yixing teapot to brew it in.
A copy of the "Pipe Book" by Alfred Dunhill (NICE!)
A bag of Danmore Fluffy Pipe Cleaners

and last but not least!
A ridiculously nice pipe by B.O.B.'s own MIKE BRISSETT!!!! (SANTA YOU DA MAN!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!)

Without getting mushy and all that, I genuinely say I was touched by the generosity of my Santa.
I owe you one St. Nick!!!!! It was a pleasure to be a part of such a wonderful event and I hope to be in it for many years to come.

A special round of applause goes out to Puros_Bran for organizing this event. CHEERS TO YOU, SIR!!!
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all of my new found "Brothers of Briar" -----Sean N. aka DoverPipes

Nice package SS, fantastic pipe,,,,good reading and great baccy,,,looks like a survival kit for getting snowed in,,, :cheers:

Heartfelt thanks to PB for organizing this and to my SS for the wonderful gifts. Also to all you Brothers whose generosity has entertained and amazed me as I read the posts. As I've said before, this is a fantastic place to be. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Always sad to see this come to an end but this is one of the best years yet! Merry Christmas guys!

Really quite an awesome year for Santa! Even though I didn't participate this year it was great fun seeing all of the cheer!

Mikem does those insane box passes in spring...

I think July should be reserved for a new annual tradition: "Send a high grade to PB"
It's got a nice ring, NO?

puros_bran":6ce7oxt4 said:
"Send a high grade to PB"
I totally agree and in July, I'll send you an A plus,,,, :p :p :p

This years generosity was overwhelming,,,, and kudos to PB for his organizational ability midst his busy schedule,,,

Totally loved this whole experience! It's awesome to be able to get a gift from a fellow pipesmoker, and even more awesome to "see" the smile on their face from their gift.. this has been great!

All the blessings in the world to you guys!

A big thanks and shout out to PB for putting this together; great job! It was a lot of fun and quite entertaining.

-- Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good pipe!

Yes! A great big huge thanks to my Secret Santa...your generosity is much appreciated this time of year and may you and yours be blessed in this holiday season!

Thanks to PB for putting this together and I can't wait for the next time around!

-Adam