Secret Santa 2010

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool Santa! Never know when he's going to sneak by. The way the wind has been blowing, be sure to check those bushes around the mailboxes.

:santa:

When I arrived home from work last night, I found a package lying on the kitchen table from SC. I just got my order from Smokingpipes so I knew it wasn't that. I opened the package and what did I find? I bag of goodies from good 'ol St. Nick!!!

100g of OGS
50g of Dunbar
50g of Arcade
and 1 box of sulphur free matches

I want to thank the sender for a GREAT gift! I've been wanting to try the OGS for a very long time!!!

Dang you guys are really rolling them out already. I'm not even close to sending my box out. I think every year I barely make the deadline. :lol:

Have to let me know what you think of Dunbar, one I've often thought about buying but never did.

Great job, Santas! this particular Santa is cobbling together an extra special package... lots of late nights in the workshop. Those dang elves sure can be persnickety; they're threatening to unionize!

Just made my final purchase. I was getting frustrated because I knew what I wanted and they kept getting bought out from under me so I had to change my plan. Glad I did because I'm much more excited about this. Should have it in my hands within the week then off it all will go.

Santa better check again to make sure you've been a good boy all year...

This Santa is ready and loaded,,,,have the target in my sights,,,safety off,,,,adjusting for windage,,,holding my breath,,,,squeezing the trigger,,,but no,,,too early to fill my tag,,, This Santa is going to wait a little longer to send out the bullet,,,,

Well...I know what I'll be doing...got it all planned out. But I won't (repeat) WON'T do anything re: Christmas til December. Not being a grinch...just think that since it's more than a month away I've still got enough time to wrap and mail my 'trove of incalculable wonders' if I wait.

Besides, still in prep and planning mode for our 30th Wedding Anniversary here in the 'ol horse barn. That's on December 6th. And heck...my birthday's between now and then! So, being a happenin' kinda guy...I got places to go, things to do and people to see!

Unto every thing there is a time...yadda, yadda, yadda. Little Billy won't suffer. I gare-own-TEE that much, Cher!

My gift package arrived the other day, I tried to be patient but since I see others are opening theirs I figured why not..? After all, wouldn't my Santa want to know it all arrived ok (I rationalized)...

Thank you so much! There are 5 fantastic tobaccos:

Westminster
Chelsea Morning
Barbary Coast
Charing Cross
Dunhill 965

And there is a very nice Charatan's Special, and given my propensity for dropping pipes from the kayak there is a fantastic Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe for outdoorsy stuff (which would also be tragic to drop from the kayak).

Thank you again, that was a great pile of loot! I didn't have many pipes to begin with, so adding TWO is a large increase!

Great tobacco,,,and a pair of pipes to boot,,,,,you musta been a good boy,,,,,

Santa's elves sure know how to make a good pipe! Looks like you will be enjoying some good tobacco and pipes!

Looks like the sleigh should be heading out next week.. because of some availability issues, my SS may end up with two packages, one from me, and one from a well-known etailer as soon as their new stock arrives next week.. if it didn't come in before they shipped my order (not sure if it did or not, but it'll get there one way or t'other).

Good job Santa. Glad the jar got there ok. I received some jars a couple years ago. As long as they are packed really well, it works. But glass is always iffy.

If that 965 doesn't seem to to do I for you. Stash it for a time to age. It can become really magical with time.

I am still trying to get things gathered up. Plenty of time yet.

:santa:

thecrowdog":1bitnf8j said:
My gift package arrived the other day, I tried to be patient but since I see others are opening theirs I figured why not..? After all, wouldn't my Santa want to know it all arrived ok (I rationalized)...

Thank you so much! There are 5 fantastic tobaccos:

Westminster
Chelsea Morning
Barbary Coast
Charing Cross
Dunhill 965

And there is a very nice Charatan's Special, and given my propensity for dropping pipes from the kayak there is a fantastic Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe for outdoorsy stuff (which would also be tragic to drop from the kayak).

Thank you again, that was a great pile of loot! I didn't have many pipes to begin with, so adding TWO is a large increase!

Awesome job, Santa!

Crowdog, looks like a great haul, and I fully back you on your rationalization -- enjoy the holidays in style!

Wow awesome haul there CD, enjoy and Kudos to the Secret Santa. Excellent stash!

Dunno about you RSA fellas, but I spotted Santa Heading over the Drakensberg, He is flying Kalula.com!

I came home from work and saw that the big guy in the red outfit stopped by my house. The package was sitting right next to the front door. I hurried inside and opened the big box. Even the smell of the box when I opened it smelled of fine tobacco. Santa even wrapped each gift inside the box! First it was an 8oz. tin of C&D Virginia Gentleman the another 8oz. tin of C&D Milk And Honey. At this point I was just like a kid again. I saw a flat rectangle gift and had no idea what it could be. After I tore it opened it was a 1 pound pressed brick of C&D Night Train. Then it was a 100g tin of Mac Baren Navy Miture. There was even a big bag full of premium samples. I hate to say samples because there is way over an ounce if not 2oz. in some of these bags. With tobaccos such as: Old Gowrie, Hal O The Wind, Dark Flake, Silver Flake, Mayor 1814, Irish Flake, and University Flake! Right when I was enjoying all this there was one more gift in the bottom.....It was a very nice pipe! I am not real sure what to call the shape but it resembles a stingray. I will smoke this pipe and report back more about it. It is gonna take me awhile to take this pipe in and figure it out. There are no stamps or markings. I wish I knew more about this fine piece of briar. I do know it has an awsome cumberland stem. Thanks to a great santa!!!!! :santa: :santa:

IMAG0051.jpg

Wow, another AWESOME job; good on ya, Santa!

J-Rock - Thanks for posting up the pics. Great score, enjoy the bounty!