Secret Santa 2010

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my Brothers, SWMBO finally let me open my Secret Santa gift last night. Inside was a new Zippo set, with flint and fluid. A tin of SG Best Brown Flake from '08, 2 tins of year old Peterson's Irish Flake, and a tin of Squadron Leader! Squadron Leader was my Grandfather's favorite tobacco, and I have been trying so hard to find a tin of the stuff. I also received a sitter lovat, with what looks like a "V" carved on the front. That may not be the case, but since my last name starts with a "V" that's what I see. :D And last but not least I received a copy of Alfred Dunhill's "The Pipe Book". It would seem I have now been inducted into a long-standing BoB tradition. It has been passed through the hands of 4 other BoBer's. I shall carry on the tradition, and pass it onto another Secret Santa participant next year! Thank you so much, Secret Santa. And thanks to Carlos for organizing it this year. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas :sunny:

Merry Christmas to all of the Brothers! :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer:
Three cheers for Carlos for undertaking BOB's SS 2010!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

A Christmas Miracle - the Baki meer is already starting to color - a bit subtle for pics yet but I think it will be showing nicely in about a week - looks like it will be showing the natural grain of the meer in a way I have only seen Baki's color - really outstanding :)

Thanks again Santa (I know that's 3 times or so now, but hey, it is a really nice pipe...

:santa:

Finally got to open my Secret Santa package on Christmas morning. What a haul of top grade tobaccos my SS sent me!

I got seven, COUNT 'EM, seven, tins of top quality virginia (Santa must have read my letter where I explained my fondness for this type of weed). All but one are brand new to me, so I have some great discoveries ahead of me. Plus, dates on the tins range from 2005 to 2009, not a tin with less than a year's aging on it. What a generous gift!

A very nice Christmas Card from SS.
2 oz each of GLP Laurel Heights and Union Square.
2 oz each of C&D Manhattan Afternoon and Opening Night
50gm of McClelland Dark Star
2 oz of Esoterica Tilbury
50 gm of Charles Fairmorn Dark Fired Shag (this one is new to me, can't wait to give it a try).

Plus 3 packs of fluffy tail cleaners.

Boy oh boy, I am set for the next while enjoying all these great virginia tobaccos.

Thank you Santa! :cheers: :cheers:

Make sure you have eaten before smoking that dark shag. Packed right, it is a good smoke. If by chance you haven't eaten, rest assured that the hallucinations will pass given time. :santa:

Carlos":38wg1t1m said:
Make sure you have eaten before smoking that dark shag. Packed right, it is a good smoke. If by chance you haven't eaten, rest assured that the hallucinations will pass given time. :santa:
Oh boy, now I really can't wait! Love strong tobacco, especially with hallucinations thrown in!

My apologies for the tardiness of my response, but my SS got a box to me weeks ago. However, being a rather lean year in our house (and we decided to help others that need it a lot more than we do, so forwent gifts) my daughter opened the box and wrapped each of the contents individually so I'd have something to open on Christmas morn.

Three tins of fine tobacco including Savanelli Aroma, Esoterica Penzance, and SG Full Virginia Flake, the last two being favorites of mind and (recently) sometimes hard to find. The best gift, however, was a beautiful Xikar Scribe lighter. It looks like a short, slightly fat pen (with pocket clip) covered in beautiful burl, but it's actually a smartly designed angle flame pipe lighter. This is the first "real" pipe lighter I've ever owned, as I've used Bics, matches, or wood slivers from the fire all my life. It's beautiful, works like a charm, and I really like it riding in my shirt pocket like a pen rather than sitting like a lump at the bottom of my pocket.

Thanks SS, whoever you are (and by the general address of the sender I have a good idea, but am not completely positive). Great gifts, all will be used, and your generosity will not be forgotten.

Natch

Wow, another great Santa! Amazing how many lighters were in Secret Santa packages this year. You guys are just outstanding. :santa:

Well folks it sounds like you all had a great SS this year. I hate that I had to miss out on all the fun, but unfortunately I'm one of the many that's presently unemployed. I haven't been posting cause I had to get our Internet service cut off to save money (I'm at my G-moms house on her PC). Things are looking up though, I go to work at a new body shop that's just been built close to my house in a few months. I hope to be back online and back with my "brothers" soon. I hope and pray that everyone else is doing well. I ask that you all keep me and my family in your prayers. Thanks and talk to soon.