Secret Santa 2010

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, Its time!!!!

For the 'New Guys' (anyone that wasn't a Knoxer) this is BOB's third Secret Santa but it has a long lineage stemming from Knox Cigars old BB. It's always been a blast and sometimes been quite surprising, as some of the worst 'Grinchs' have turned out to be some of the best Santa's
The same rules will apply this year but I will give a run down for all of you that doesn't know how it works.

1. As a gift, you may send any pipe-related item and/or cigar related item. With respect to pipe tobacco, the minimum is 150 grams of tinned tobacco or eight ounces of bulk tobacco or a pre-packed sampler that many B&M smoke shops and online vendors are offering for the holidays. (Personally, one year I received several of those 2oz size Mason jars of well aged tobaccos. Packed very well. But I cannot recommend glass containers for shipping.) If you give an estate pipe, be kind enough to clean it up and sanitize the bit. Any other items, such as, lighters, pouches, racks, tampers, new pipes, or even T-shirts & hats, are good ideas. With respect to cigars, the minimum will be 3/5 quality handmade cigars or any 5 or more cigar sampler that many B&M smoke shops and online vendors are offering. Cigar related accessories such as cigar carriers, humidors, lighters, ashtrays and so on are also acceptible. Yes, you can mix and match tins and stogies if that is what you wish to give. Bear in mind this isn't a maximum, most give more than this, but from past experiance I can honestly say its not what you get but what you give.

2. With respect to tobaccos, please try to stay within the preferred category that will be provided in the e-mail you will be receiving from me. There's no sense sending a sweet aromatic to someone that usually smokes heavy latakia mixtures and vice versa. With respect to cigars, the qualifiers might be size and strength. Check the Tobacco section for reviews, or the "What are you smoking?" threads for ideas.

3. Please mail your package in time, so your recipient will receive it by Christmas. I suggest December 10th as a good target date. Factor in the heightened security that may be in place for parcels. It's best to put the real return address on the box, but you could use "Santa" as the sender's name.

4. Please do not ask me to assign someone in particular to be your recipient.

5. Please use Priority mail with delivery confirmation, or UPS, fedex,dhl so the package can be traced if needed. It is okay to have your gift drop-shipped, to your recipient, from an online vendor, such as www.smokingpipes.com or your local smoke shop.
If you have to send to an international address, make sure you set things up correctly to get the package delivered to that particular country. Ask for help at the Post Office or FedEx or however you decide to ship. They'll be able to make sure your package gets where it should go. Also, be sure to allow enough time for the package to get there. Some places in the world move rather slowly on some types of deliveries.

5.5 I should mention here, that the difficulties in shipping overseas make this type of activity difficult. But that does not mean that members cannot play in their own country. Take South Africa for instance. Seems to be a number of Brothers there that might be interested and know their way around the shipping problems in country. Or may wish to meet and do an exchange. I don't mind making a list and drawing names and sending that info back to you. Same for Brothers in Canada or elsewhere. But you would be entirely on your own to make it all work.

6. PLEASE, if you don't truly want to send a gift or you feel that it will be a burden on you, DO NOT SIGN UP AS A PARTICIPANT! Your name and handle may get posted on the bulletin boards as being a Grinch!

7. If you do not receive anything from your appointed Santa by January 4, 2011, contact me and I will email you their name and email address, so that you can work it out with them. I Make No Guarantees and I Will Not Get Into The Middle Of Any Dispute. Sorry, but I'm just putting this event together. If you want to post their identity and that you didn't get anything from him/her, I can't stop you. This is another reason for not signing up as a participant, if you don't want to play fairly.

8.) I will close registrations on November 14th. The cut-off date will allow for more time to secure your gift and to get it in the mail by December 10th. (Actually this is starting about a week later this year.) Secret Santa Events have always worked because of the trust we have in our fellow Stokers (pipe smokers). You should know that, If you become a participant, there is a chance, a very slim chance but it’s possible, that you might not receive a gift. I reserve the right to refuse to allow certain people to participate. If someone had to cover your butt in the past or you are a well known arsehat its a good chance I'm telling you NO. Merry Christmas

9. The assignments will be totally random. To set the assignments, I will put the names and addresses on pieces of paper, put them in a hat, shake them up and have Cathy draw them one by one. I know it's low-tech, but it works.

If you'd like to join up now feel free to shoot me a pm containing your Real Name, addy, phone number, and wish list.
Merry Christmas y'all.

(Thanks to PB for the use of his rules. Modified slightly by me.)
:santa:

Keep checking here to make sure you are on the list. I check PM's and email often. Well usually. Will add as quickly as I can. :santa:

The List:

jhuggett
carlos
Doc Manhattan
Cody V
DoverPipes
chevy5759
pipetongue1
Nitschke066
clueless
Hunter5117
gandalfpc
Natch
Trout Bum
J_Rock
happypipester
Blackhorse
St Fiacre
mark
Maiser
Mikem
thecrowdog
Confidence Cohen

The Sub-Lists: (by country)
South Africa

bluedigital
Piet Binsbergen
Muddler

Looks good Carlos...
YOU'LL DO FINE as Santa HQ..

You fellers that's participated in the past need to get your tails in before its to late.
I couldn't run it and sadly can't participate this year so Carlos is carrying the load... work him like a dog boys... work him like a dog... :D :D :D

Hope well wishes on all y'all and may this be the best Secret Santa yet.
MERRY MERRY AND HAPPY HAPPY..just don't let Mary catch you doing the happy!!!!

I saw that these Brothers wanted in, but have not received a PM yet with your information. For some reason I thought I had your info Natch. If you sent it, it disappeared. Or I am thinking of a past PM. I did clean out most of my PM boxes to make plenty of room. So if I lost it I apologize. :santa:

J_Rock (gotcha)
Trout Bum (gotcha)
Natch (gotcha)
gandalfpc (gotcha)

My computer crashed and burned,,,,totally smoked ,,,,,glad I checked in to get on the list,,,,,PM sent,,,,,let the games begin,,,,

A little over half of the PM's are sent. Make sure your PM boxes are not full. Decided to load up a Ruthenberg blasted apple with Coniston Cut Plug to finish out the rest of the PM's. :santa:

Whew!!! All the PM's are sent and hopefully edited before you guys saw them. Anyone not getting a PM. Please check to see if your inbox is full. Let me know if I sent you two PM's with different people. In that case I made a copy/paste error. I will fix whatever I have to. (Good idea to check your Inbox, Savebox, Outbox, and Sentbox to make sure none are full.

Have fun!

:santa:

I had to place an order today for some goodies. Partly for this. I wonder if the big etailers notice when the names have been drawn for Secret Santa. Suddenly they are sold out of all kinds of stuff. :lol:

Carlos":0k8qew41 said:
I had to place an order today for some goodies. Partly for this. I wonder if the big etailers notice when the names have been drawn for Secret Santa. Suddenly they are sold out of all kinds of stuff. :lol:
They have to know. I placed an order today and found the same results as you Carlos. I still got some good blends though. I feel like Santa already. :santa:

DoverPipes":m1x07f6q said:
Just make sure they send me my new Jaguar XJ in silver, NOT black! :D
Just in case your secret santa doesn't get the message, Ace hardware has cases of silver Rustoleum spray paint on sale,, :p

HO Ho HO got my victim, this is gona be great...........................!! :santa: :santa: :santa:

bluedigital":ea5m0sti said:
:santa: My first year at this, locked and loaded :rendeer:
MAN O" MAN............. DUDE!!!!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
What ya up to bd??????? :lol!:
My first time too, never signed up last year because I was thinking it was only for our US bro's!

3 cheers for CARLOS!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Piet Binsbergen":ia68ltxa said:
bluedigital":ia68ltxa said:
My first time too, never signed up last year because I was thinking it was only for our US bro's!

It's gonna be awesome!! Sights are set and finger is resting on the trigger .... Jeez I sound like Chuck
:lol!:

bluedigital":6k2ap76n said:
Piet Binsbergen":6k2ap76n said:
bluedigital":6k2ap76n said:

It's gonna be awesome!! Sights are set and finger is resting on the trigger .... Jeez I sound like Chuck
:lol!:
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: