Secret Santa 2013

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be good fun. I wonder if someone will send me cookies. I think all Santas should get cookies after wrestling that lunker of a sleigh and those smelly Reindeer all night. Er, so to speak. You know...figuratively. Not that anyone actually wrestles Reindeer. No one has to. But that's another thing. Forget I said anything.

Merely requires proper planning with UPS and their shipping of items packed in dry ice.  They have limited capacity per day, but it's quite manageable.  It's my understanding that vendors get first shot, and if there's any room left, we minor beings can hitch a costly ride.  Of course, they may have been lying just to bleed more from a willing victim.

We also used 100% vinegar, and we would make bombs out of that and a nucleating agent that was 50/50 citric acid and sodium bicarb. Plus, we played with fire and made air guns that we shot ball bearings at each other with. Ah, those heady days of organized labor. Let's not forget the knifemaking either, or the gambling. Or all those love nests scattered throughout the plant. Oh, to be young and work in manufacturing back in the good old days!

We better get back on topic or...  Hey, you're one of the Administrators.  

I missed this last year, seems as though I was bombing someone.  I've turned over a new leaf and will try to do better this year by letting Santa do the dirty work. Once more, I will be a paragon of innocence.:roll:

Just over a week before we start. I have already placed a nearly 5 pound order with one of the etailers. Just in case, you understand. We got a pretty nice crowd, and I have a bit of time scheduled to handle the drawings. So remember, sometime on November 10th I will sit down, do the drawings, and then start sending PM's with the information. Help me out by checking your PM boxes often on the 10th. My outbox will fill up quick. When you guys read your PM, that will free up more space for me to send more PM's. Be sure to free up space in your own message boxes so my message to you does not get stuck in my outbox. Inboxes, outboxes, saveboxes can only hold so many messages and you have to delete something to free up space.

Also, I heard that the initial shipment of Gaslight to Smoking Pipes got cleaned out by a fat man in red britches. So he's at it already! Heard he really put the hurts on the 1792 Flake. And was a bit distraught that there was no Cob Plug. :santa: 

would an email list be helpful Carlos? or would that make it more confusing?

Just more confusing I think. It works out as long as people check in frequently.

Also, just so y'all know. At least one BoB will need an early mailing. Maybe a week earlier. Let me know if that's a problem. I know some of youse guys can't wait till a little closer to the big day. We should have plenty of time to do a little research on your victim......ummmmm...errr...person. Then made a few calls to etailers, perhaps stop in at a local B&M. Or dig in the cellar. Pick up a few goodies, and get it mailed out with time to spare.

Which reminds me. I need to find some time to get over to Champaign to the B&M's over there. Have fun! :santa: 

Can't wait, last year was a blast. The local goodies are almost better than the baccy products.

Just a few days away until we start. The etailers are trying to rush those cargo ships into port, and offered bribes to the UPS men and women to hurry along any incoming package so they can fill all possible orders. The local B&M's have started new displays and holiday deals. They are after all, Santa's helpers in disguise. :santa: 

I'm getting rather excited about this! hohoho and all that! :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: 

All this talk about buying this and etailing that has me worried. I'm not planning on buying anything. I do however have a crummy shop full of cheap garage sale tools and lots of raw materials, plus a hoard of tobacco and cigars stashed in my 'Cave of Wonders' cache. I'm planning an aged 'baccy bonanza and a few hand crafted items for my target...and encourage any bros out there to mirror my chea...er, cost effective plan. I'll easily exceed the minimum level, which seems rather small to me.

Blackhorse":efaj138h said:
All this talk about buying this and etailing that has me worried. I'm not planning on buying anything. I do however have a crummy shop full of cheap garage sale tools and lots of raw materials, plus a hoard of tobacco and cigars stashed in my 'Cave of Wonders' cache. I'm planning an aged 'baccy bonanza and a few hand crafted items for my target...and encourage any bros out there to mirror my chea...er, cost effective plan. I'll easily exceed the minimum level, which seems rather small to me.
I'm with you.

Yeap. I'm with you as well - though I do have a few seemingly often sold out items from recent TAD escapades I might include. Oh and I have those bitters I made this year, and I do plan on whipping up a few batches of toffee for the holidays...