Secret Santa 2013

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image11.jpg

Yay!! Pic!

My Santa was awesome!!

List:
Tobacco-
1 tin Elizabethan
Ziolock bags of:
Boswells Pipers Pleasure,
Maple Leaf, and
Magnum Opus, and
McClelland Holiday Spirit 2009
1 pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh
1 8oz pouch of Stonehaven

Pipe:
A freehand pipe made by our very own i.kneenum (woot!)

Snacks:
Maple Stroopwafels Waffle cookies (delicious!)
SnackleMouth almond clusters
Holiday Fruit and nuts dark chocolate bar

Extras:
Bristle pipe cleaners, medico filters, and a wonderful handwritten Christmas card.

Thanks again to my Santa!! This is awesome!

Santa is in rare form this year!

And that's a fine lookin' pipe Ian carved!

DrumsAndBeer":kmc8aq81 said:
Ocelot55":kmc8aq81 said:
Man! These gifts are Rockin! Congrats to our recipients thus far!
I know. I can't believe somebody gave a baby to Trifecta. What a great gift idea.  :p 
The baby is such a great idea! ;)

Congrats Trifecta!

My comment wasn't for my pipe lol, it was for Warlock Bob's!. Oh and I wasn't his bomber, my pipe just gets around.  :geek: 

Fishfuzz":nclvyfke said:
DrumsAndBeer":nclvyfke said:
Ocelot55":nclvyfke said:
I know. I can't believe somebody gave a baby to Trifecta. What a great gift idea.  :p 

Congrats Trifecta!
Based on the number of diapers I've changed already, it's safe to say that it is the gift that keeps on giving. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I re-gifted a few out to you brothers! :santa:

Trifecta13":mzta47f0 said:
Fishfuzz":mzta47f0 said:
DrumsAndBeer":mzta47f0 said:
Ocelot55":mzta47f0 said:

Congrats Trifecta!
Based on the number of diapers I've changed already, it's safe to say that it is the gift that keeps on giving. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I re-gifted a few out to you brothers! :santa:
Dude this stuff is funny!!!  :lol!: 

Trifecta13":qeors66s said:
Fishfuzz":qeors66s said:
DrumsAndBeer":qeors66s said:
Ocelot55":qeors66s said:

Congrats Trifecta!
Couldn't be much worse than Lakeland...

Well, Santa apparently got to my house while I was at work. There is something unsettling about a man my age giggling and shouting, "Santa was here" as they get out of the car. I have to make mention first: Along with the gifts came a beautiful, thoughtful handwritten card. Included as well (pictured below) is an ornament for my newborn little man (his first by the way, Santa). I'm coming to realize you guys are all so much better at this than I am, but now I have a whole year to prepare. Now, to give the people what they want... details:

Tins:
(I'm not sure if I'm just a windbag who talks about his preferences on this forum a lot, or if Santa has an inside man at my online retailers of choice)
Frog Morton Across the Pond
Exhausted Rooster
H&H Black House
Haddo's Delight
Maltese Falcon
Full Virginia Flake (Dated 12/2011!)
Squadron Leader
MM 965

Pipe Stuff:
Two Massive bags of Carey's pipe cleaners (Absorbent and Bristle)
A Jazzy new wood-inlaid pipe tool

Other:
A box of chocolate covered pretzels from Sarri's Candies (if you look close, you can see my wife's hand diving in--had to snap the photo fast)
The adorable ornament for my son.

Santa.jpg

To say that my Santa was thoughtful would be a terrible understatement. Thanks so much, and Happy Holidays Everyone!

So I arrived home today and was like a kid again on Christmas morning. I will be in a Latakia induced coma for the next year or more for sure. The best part is many of these already have some age to them and several are dated 2004. Oh and the much anticipated gaslight! I love GLP Lagonda, Piccadilly, and have yet to try the rest. And even more awesome is they noticed I wear a hat and gifted me with an awesome hat to show my support for pipe smokers/makers. Seriously, thank you so much!
So I arrived home today and was like a kid again on Christmas morning. I will be in a Latakia induced coma for the next year or more for sure. The best part is many of these already have some age to them and several are dated 2004. Oh and the much anticipated gaslight! I love GLP Lagonda, Piccadilly, and have yet to try the rest. And even more awesome is they noticed I wear a hat and gifted me with an awesome hat to show my support for pipe smokers/makers. Seriously, thank you so much!

4DABDCB8-8D84-477F-BEAD-91619D78F9A0-24105-0000196CEC9924D8_zps043afbea.jpg

50gr Frog Morton "Across the Pond" 2004
50gr Ashton "Celebrated Sovereign" 2004
50gr C&D "Morning Drive" 2012
2oz. C&D "Montford Point Marine" 2010
2oz. C&D "Morleys Best" 2006
2oz. C&D "Adagio" 2005
2oz. C&D "Santas Mistake" 2004
50gr Dunhill London Mixture 2011
2oz. GLP "Gaslight"
2oz. GLP "Lagonda" 2011
2oz. GLP "Piccadilly" 2007

WOW! Merry Christmas!!!

Boulder&Briar and Trifecta - WOW! Your Santa's certainly had the Holiday Spirit!

:cheers: 

:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: 

When I opened my package the term "an embarrassment of riches" sprang to mind. I found the following:
1. A "sample" of Peter Stokkeby Luxury Navy Flake (about 2-4 oz)
2. A "sample" of P. S. Luxury Bull's Eye Flake (same)
3. A "sample" of Lancer's Slices (same)
4. 50g tin of Blue Mountain by McClelland
5. 2 oz tin of GLP Meridian
6. 8 oz tin of Hearth & Home Virginia Spice
7. 50g tin of 3 Oaks English with Syrian Latakia by McClelland
8. 100g tin of Blackwoods Flake by McClelland
9. 100g tin of McClelland anniversary 1977-2010
10. 2 oz tin of Mystic Blend by Hermit
11. 50g tin of Black House by Hearth & Home
12. 2 oz tin of C & D Opening Night
13. 50g tin of 3 Oaks English Blend 1989 by McClelland
14. 50g tin of Former's Flake
15. 50g tin of S.G. Best Brown Flake
16. 2 oz tin of Esoterica Penzance
17. 2 oz tin of GLP Chelsea Morning
18. 8 0z bag of Esoterica Stonehaven

My wife (and I) think Santa is psychic cause he sent me a copy of Endurance by Alfred Lansing which I have been at the point of ordering two or three times but just hadn't pulled the trigger.
How can I possible express how grateful and touched I am by such amazing generosity? Thank you Santa, than you, thank you, thank you!

Damn those are some pretty packages . The brotherly spirit is alive and well.

Great packages Santa's. I also understand why Stonehaven is so hard to get. Santa has been getting into the pipeline.  :santa: 

Ok, I had a chance to get caught up on my count. Looks like I have yet to hear from 12 Santa's that they have shipped. I know that there are a lot of Santa's hand making items. We have seen some of that already. Y'all are so talented!

Looks like 10 packages have arrived of 23 sent. So far.

Keep the pics coming. I will try to update as quickly as possible. Things have been busy here. The wife has some minor surgery tomorrow and we have been preparing for that. Hopefully she will come home later this week and things can start to get back to normal around here.

Ho Ho Ho!  :santa: