Secret Santa 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost collected everything for mine! Should be shipping out the end of this week. Have an unexpected, last-minute trip to Vegas coming up Monday, but luckily I have entrusted someone to collect my mail while I'm gone; let's hope I don't miss Santa's goodies!

Not only was I body slammed, but then I was picked up and pile driven! Seriously, I was absolutely overwhelmed with Santa's generosity!

Here's the pics followed by a list...

PC030033_zpse67c33d8.jpg

PC030036_zpsc5a00e1b.jpg

PC030034_zps6d0061f7.jpg

Here is what the box contained:

4 Wonderful Chocolate bars, 1 of them is a dark chocolate and peanut butter granola bar... someone told  Santa I had a sweet-tooth, and they were right!

1 Horror, Humor and Heroes book... I have already given it a brief examination and it looks delightful! Something I'm going to love in the Winter evenings; if Winter will ever get here! :lol:

1 100g tin of Deep Hollow :D

1 100g tin of Orlik Golden Sliced :D :D

1 4oz bag of Storm Front :D :D :D

1 bag of Tinder Box Burley Lite... which I have not tried yet, but looks right up my alley.

1 bag of Semois... which I also have not tried yet, but have seen much discussion about and have been interested in trying.

Then the pipes!

1 Irwin's (which was a GBD seconds line) Conquest pipe. This thing is really beautiful and very unique. I love it! Honestly can not see what made it a "second"; beautiful pipe!

And here is where Santa got very sneaky!!!

1 Peterson (305?) meerschaum pipe! The very one I saw late one night right after Nathan listed it on Viking Club Pipes and I commented that if my retirement check was in, that pipe would be mine. Well, Santa was on apparently or he got word at his home in North Carolina... er, I mean Pole... yea, that's it, North Pole. I don't know where I got that  North Carolina from. :scratch: ;)

Anyway, I am absolutely overwhelmed! If I don't have another good thing happen to me this Christmas, I have already been blessed far more than I deserved!

Thank you very much, Santa! Merry Christmas, BoB!

In further news, I entrusted the deliverance a package to the gentleman of the United States Postal Service today. They tell me that the package will be delivered Saturday in the Lone Star State... I mention this, so you can get out of Christmas shopping with your significant other and be home to accept the delivery of said package... whichever one of you Lone Star participants that it is addressed to. Merry Christmas! :santa:

Simple Man":ib4gdgtd said:
In further news, I entrusted the deliverance a package to the gentleman of the United States Postal Service today. They tell me that the package will be delivered Saturday in the Lone Star State... I mention this, so you can get out of Christmas shopping with your significant other and be home to accept the delivery of said package... whichever one of you Lone Star participants that it is addressed to. Merry Christmas! :santa:
That only narrows it down a little.

tarheel7734":oky96c6y said:
Simple Man":oky96c6y said:
That only narrows it down a little.
Yep.

And I'm out of town this weekend...

Santa got Simple Man good. :D That meer Pete is a honey. I already told Nathan if he gets any more to let me know.

8)

Simple Man":rkccosl1 said:
Mozjo33":rkccosl1 said:
Kyle Weiss":rkccosl1 said:
That pipe is seriously neat.  :D   How's it smoke?

8)
I will let you as soon as I smoke it. Depending on my schedule hopefully today.
That is a great looking pipe, who made it?
That's easy... Me :santa:

James

jogilli":n97b7gqj said:
Simple Man":n97b7gqj said:
Mozjo33":n97b7gqj said:
Kyle Weiss":n97b7gqj said:

8)
That's easy... Me :santa:

James
Wow! I should have known. Very nice! :D

Simple Man":4xz0at1y said:
Mozjo33":4xz0at1y said:
Kyle Weiss":4xz0at1y said:

8)
It's a JSEC Pipe carved by our brother James Gilliam (jogilli). Here is his website:  http://www.jsecpipes.com

You've must have been a very good boy Jack! :santa: :santa:

Mozjo33":jx3wtuum said:
Simple Man":jx3wtuum said:
Mozjo33":jx3wtuum said:
Kyle Weiss":jx3wtuum said:

8)
It's a JSEC Pipe carved by our brother James Gilliam (jogilli). Here is his website:  http://www.jsecpipes.com  
Thanks, Mo. Yea, I am familiar with his beautiful work. I've drooled over my keyboard many a time looking at his pipes. BTW, I think he may be liable for a new keyboard! :lol:

Sweet pete, really awesome Mr Santa! So got my package all wrapped up. The poor flat rate box is to it's limit, do they mind duct tape on the flat rate boxes? because I didn't have any clear packing tape. :lol:

i.keenum":7catqhrw said:
Sweet pete, really awesome Mr Santa! So got my package all wrapped up. The poor flat rate box is to it's limit, do they mind duct tape on the flat rate boxes? because I didn't have any clear packing tape. :lol:
Lol, they shouldn't. I sent a box completely wrapped in gorilla tape once :D

Ok lol well that is good news. Going to send mine out at lunch tomorrow, can't wait for my target to get what is coming for them. :D

Remember I said to watch them bushes as you don't know just what might turn up in them. Or when. Or from whom. Or for what reason.

A "Black Box" appeared here today. Remember last year's black boxes? Wowsers! I won't identify whom, but I will say thank you. What is really unknown is, the box is marked, "Round II". :shock:

Inside a nice card, which Cathy can display with the others. Black paper. A neat rock with a fossilized fish. I used to dig though our gravel for fossils when I was a kid. But now we do not get the same gravel. We get white rock, and it does not have those little fossil shells and pieces. A tin of Nightcap and one of Pelican.

Again, thank you very much.

Ho ho ho, everybody!! :santa:

round_10.jpg

I'm not in on it.. But I'd imagine it's 'Round Two' to last years 'Round One'.
(Which if I ever join another forum I'll use as a screen name. Round One, that describes me quite nicely as of late. Lol )

Ho!  Ho!  Ho!

A nice elf from Kentucky sent me a very nice box (well, the box was held together with duct tape or something similar, but the contents were great!)

What you can't really see: a heavy moist loaf of banana bread;
at least 5 oz of PS Luxury Navy Flake
at least 8 oz of PS English Luxury
at least 6 oz of GH Dark Flake

What you can see, tins of:
100 gr Savinelli Brunello Flake
50 gr B Hartwell VA flake from 2004
50 gr Dunhill Elizabethan
50 gr Peterson Sweet Killarney

and a very nice Larsen (probably far too good for me to smoke!)

ss-14-02_zps241c8c5a.jpg

ss-14-01_zpsbf1fb1ce.jpg

Thank you chief elf of Kentucky!

Santa's been busy this year. Just received the last little tidbits. My package will be in the mail tomorrow.