Secret Santa 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Christmas Gator has returned once again! :cheers: That's a really awesome curio, too. Perfect for pipe nails, keys, lighters... I dig it.

Nice haul. Good Santa.

8)

So much fun seeing all these packages arrive! Glad I got to be a part of it. :santa: :santa: :santa:

The man in the brown Santa suit dropped off a number of Christmas parcels today, so I was surprised when I got to one I didn't recognize. I figured out quickly that this was from Santa BoB!

In the box I found:

MUYtQDC.jpg

You like lists. Here is a list:
50g tin of Dunhill Apéritif
2oz tin of GL Pease Six Pence
~2oz of jarred Semois
~1oz of jarred MacBaren Old Dark Fired
Jarred Samuel Gawith Kendal Mastiff Snuff (Peppermint fits the season)
Jarred DeKralingse A/P Snuff (Pine scented as I understand it, also fits the season)
2 Alec Bradley Cigars (Black Market and Mundial)
Pack of Gran Habano Corojo #5 Cigarillos
A handcrafted pipe made by the gift giver. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Beyond that, Santa knew I liked to read and included
James Rollins Sandstorm
Kevin Hearne Hounded
In the Land of Exit Zero for my kids (signed by the illustrator!)

Also included was a classic Santa pipe Christmas ornament and 1 pound of fudge from (I assume) the same place the book originated. The fudge is super tasty stuff. The only fudge I have tried that was almost comparable was on Mackinac Island.

Here is a close up of the pipe:
U6qU2GV.jpg

The cool thing is, my youngest daughter came home from school, saw the kid's book on the table and immediately started reading it. The appeal is real.

I have already started on Hounded.

For the most part, I haven't tried any of these items before - so I am truly looking forward to the experience.

What really set this gift apart for me were the family oriented gifts. Thinking beyond what I might like and considering my treasured family fills me with gratitude and speaks volumes of the class of the giver. Thank you Santa.

http://jb001.zenfolio.com/p464989820

It's been awhile since I've used an online host for a photos, and both photobucket and ImageShack no longer seem compatible with the poor old computer (guess I should have used the phone).  So, instead we have a working link to Santa's raid.  

From the Dark Lord's apothecary, the newly issued Six Pence has made an appearance, along with a tin of Fillmore.  Contributions from C&D of Exhausted Rooster, and Crooked Lane. Old standbys of Balkan Sasieni and Full Virginia Flake were present as well, and the latest rendition of Aperitif, which I'm curious to compare. Additionally, a tin of H&H Black House is present.  I've had the best intentions of giving this blend a try, but I just hadn't gotten around to it.  No more excuses.  Santa also threw in a handy scabbard for pipe cleaners, and even preloaded it for me.  I suspect that Santa is somewhere in the general area of Peoria, as the address on the box, and that of the bag of coffee indicate.  It's an El Salvador sourced bean done in a Kenya-Style process.  It smells great, and since I burn the midnight oil, seems to be in extreme danger of violation via grinder immediately.  Santa, I thank you a great deal, and wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Attached it for you.  C.

secret11.jpg
[/url][/img]

A lot of books this year.  Many of us surpass the minimum requirements.  I hope no one feels that they have to "measure up".  Still, it's simply amazing what people find in their hearts to give.  In this age of "the computer" it is nice to see books.  There is a feel of permanency, however fleeting, to books.

Ho Ho Ho!  :santa:

ok, sorry for the delay, here is the photos of my generous Santa delivery:

three nice dark yummy cigars

a tin of sixpence... man this stuff sounds right up my alley, can't wait to crack this tin. And four ounces each of Bayou Morning, Yorktown and Exclusive from Cornell and Diehl All smell great and behind glass for a bit of aging

a nice little mm corn cob pipe

and some edible treats, a bag of pancake mix with distillers mash, some bourbon balls (which are gone already, holy moly were they good), some tasty chocolates (had to have the maple bacon immediately) shortbread which also didn't last long

This was a good Christmas for the rev, yes indeedy

rev

Lots of tins of sixpence this year. Guess because it is new. I will eventually pop my tin from my ss.

Gifts are looking great!  As always much love is being spread around here.

Updating the spreadsheet again. I have not heard from 5 Secret Santa's that they have shipped. Seems 9 are waiting to receive. Some of you have not yet posted having received something, even though tracking numbers say delivered.

So, if y'all can let me know about outgoing and incoming so I can check y'all off, that would be great. You know I get nervous about that. We basically have a week to the big holiday. Ho ho ho! :santa:

Nice haul, Rev. Dang good on your Santa.

Great pic DrT! One day I hope to look even half as distinguished as you while smoking a pipe.

Some really excellent gifts and wonderful examples of generosity so far.

Ho, Ho, Ho. :santa:

Well my secret Santa outdid theirselves ... Virginias, Virginia mixes and a most outstanding cob with a forever Stem

(Fixed it for you. C.)

jogill10.jpg

Yea, it's sideways.... Hardly use serving.. Sorry.. Just tilt your head a little to the left

Enjoy your Christmas holidays boys and girls

James

thanks.. the pipe stand will have a permanent place on my desk there.. its perfect for a rest on a workshop desk... and the tobacco's.. what can I say... I couldn't ask for anything better....

I enjoy cobs personally, and never had one with a forever stem... and that style is the style I also buy... there are 4 of them in strategic places around the shop..

My Secret Santa made my Wednesday.. and how..

tks for fixing the pic

james