Secret Santa 2015

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Santa's payload from this afternoon:

A LOT of this is very well-aged stuff...ALL of it is either a much-loved blend of mine, or one that I've had at the top of the list of things to try for a while now.

100g McClelland Virgina Woods (1999!)
100g Chicago 2009 Limited/Numbered Sam Gawith Scotch Cut Mixture
100g Rattray's Hal O' The Wynd
3.5 oz MacBaren Virginia No. 1 (2004)
2oz GLP Odyssey (2005)
2oz GLP Blackpoint (hard to make out, but either '05 or '06)
50g McClelland Dark Star (2006)
50g CoJ No. 4 Pure Virginia Flake
50g Wessex Burley Slice (2005)
2oz C&D Luigi Radice (part of the new Scuderia series)
1 Tin of Old Mill Evangeline snuff

Unbelievable.

For now, I've got a hankerin' for burley, and I don't have any open...so I think I'm gonna go ahead and tuck into the Wessex while I get the rest logged into the cellar and find a place for it all.

img_2014.jpg

Santa was extra nice to me! Thank you!!

Santa stopped by while I was at work, and I came home to a wonderful surprise
20151214_201435_zpsl0vdy23i.jpg

The Jolly Old Elf must be a mind reader! Just last night I was thinking that I hadn't smoked anything from Rattray's in a while and that I would have to add a tin to my next order.

Rattray's 100 g Tins:
Old Gowrie
Marlin Flake
Hal O' the Wynd
Red Rapparee
And a 50 g tin of 2008 McCranies Red Ribbon

Fantastic job Santa! Thank you! And many thanks to Carlos for keeping the Secret Santa going!
Mike.

Santa is really cracking the whip on those reindeer.  Lot's of goodies flying back and forth.  Still more to come.

Ho Ho Ho!  :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

I think somebody forged my name on the "Good Boys" list... Thanks Secret Santa... I could barely wait to get to my car this afternoon when I picked it up a the Post Office and grab a quick look inside... just made my meeting with a minute to spare ;-)

SG St. James Flake
SG Golden Glow
SG 1792 Flake
Dunhill Flake
McC Red/Black
CD Bayou Morning
Hearth and Home Marble Cake

A lattice Meer (always wanted one of these)

and

A Dutch Gouda Clay ... (always wanted one of these also)

Needless to say, I have plenty of items to try over the holidays and coming months ;-) My tobacco tastes and the choice of tins was matched perfectly

oh yea.. and some sweets ;-)

Merry Christmas
James

I must have been a good boy this year, cause Santa was very generous!!

Tins:
An aged tin of Plum Pudding
Dan Tobacco Limerick
Sam Gawith FVF
4th Generation Flake

Other:
Corn cob pipe w/ filters
Big Papa seasoning
Home Made Puppy Chow (the wife demolished this one!)
Very lovely Christmas Card
Hand Made Christmas pipe bags

THANK YOU SANTA!!!!

Looks like the Secret Santas had another good day of deliveries! :santa:

Looks like we are waiting to hear from five of you on receiving.  Some are in Santa's sleigh.  Tslot's is in the bushes next to the porch I think.  Or was that the front desk?  Someplace nearby.  I have not heard from two of you on having shipped yet.  Hopefully all are on the way or delivered.

Santa is full of surprises!  Ho Ho ho!  :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

I just talked to my wife. She says an elf dropped off a package today. She will bring it to our new house when she comes up tomorrow. I will get to open my goodies tomorrow night. Im looking forward to it. Thanks, Secret Santa!

Ok.  We are down to just a handful.  One due to be delivered Thursday.  One already delivered.  And a few PM's sent.  I had to delete more messages in my PM boxes.  Amazing how Sent boxes and Inboxes fill up so fast.

Ho Ho Ho!  :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Ok!  Just like that we are down to two waiting.  One scheduled for Thursday.  One PM waiting to be answered.  A few of you to post pics when you get the chance.  That Jolly old Santa is busy busy!

Ho Ho Ho!  :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Yup, the delivery elf was chatting up our cute receptionist yesterday when he dropped off the package.  
I had the day off so I didn't receive until today.   Thanks Santa!

Way to go Santa!  I did not know that some of you guys were so into snuff. 

Ho Ho ho!  :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Brothers and Sisters,

Nismo270r was my Santa. Who knew St. Nick was a Kentuckian and a battle buddy!?

Stay tuned for pics of what he gifted me!

In the Christmas Spirit,
Matt

Last two both scheduled for a Thursday delivery.  So keep a sharp eye out as Santa wings his way past.

Ho ho Ho!  :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

My Secret Santa package came in today!

Cigar%20Bum%20Photos%20001_zpsjayk0bze.jpg

Santa brought me:

a tin of McClelland's Christmas Cheer
an ounce of G&H Kendal Flake
an ounce of G&H Curley Cut
a tin of Crumbs of Comfort snuff
and a pack of Long's pipe cleaners

Thank you Santa!

Dang! Santa musta hit the coffee early this morning to be delivering already. Nice selection of tabacs! And more Snuff. Apparently the use of snuff is increasing. I will admit that my first try since high school was pretty remarkable. Maybe I am just now old enough to appreciate it.

keep up the good work Santa! If I am right, one more to go. Ho Ho Ho! :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :geek: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

So, I finally received my package last night around 10pm when my wife and I got the car unloaded from her trip to the new house.  I got a picture for yall.  
20151210.jpg
" />

I got 4 MM cob pipes
8oz tin of GL Pease Haddos Delight
2oz tin of McC's VA blend 22 -- Yummy stuff, had a bowl last night
Assorted Cigars
2 pouches of hot chocolate
and a bag of much needed pipe cleaners

Thanks, Not so secret Santa :santa: :lol!: