Secret Santa 2016

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My package is going out in the morning. Its not much, but glad i could participate.

This is the week that ideally we need to have them all on the way.  I know a few of you are waiting on retailers.  Still a bit of time.  I need to get my own lazy self down in the cellar and uncover some more items.  

Keep up the good work Santas!

Ho Ho Ho!

:santa:

I'll try to get my pkg. out on Monday.  SWMBO is complaining about that 10 pounds of cherry, banana, chocolate, mocha, mint, cream, Cavendish with heavy aromatic topping stinking up the house.  Sure hope they accept it at the post office and don't make me send it as hazardous materials like they did last year.

Natch

The reindeer droppings in the driveway gave me a pretty good idea that something was afoot, but when I saw the box my wife had hefted into the house while I was at work, I knew Santa had arrived.  

I'd have been pleased as punch to open a box to find a small tin of tobacco and a nice Christmas Card, so to come home to this was a real delight!

The pipe was crafted by our very own Ozark Wizard (which shouldn't necessarily imply that he was the sender :silent: ). It is very comfortable in the hand and is VERY nice to look at. It is unsmoked, but that will change within minutes of my typing this post.

Also included are a number of blends which I believe to be all (or mostly all) home-brew concoctions from the good Wizard (which, again, shouldn't imply...), and plenty of other goodies.

Tobacco
50g Pebble Castle
50g Grandpa's Sweater (which smells a lot more appealing than any sweater I've met)
50g BBQ Blend
51g ATGE
57g Calliope's Choice
Perique Leaf (no weight listed, but it's more than a little)

Goodies
A nice pair of chopsticks (which were likely hand-made by Santa)
2 boxes of loose leaf tea
2 tins of Kippers
2 jars of Champagne Mustard (because Kippers always taste better with mustard)
Pipe Cleaners
A bag of chestnuts
A bag of assorted candy (not pictured)

A nice Christmas Card and handling instructions for the new pipe were also included, and the contents of the box were wrapped up in three nice little pelts. One of those pelts is what I've laid the rest of the gifts out on in the first picture; I'm not much of a woodsman, so I don't really know for sure, but I were pressed to guess I'd venture that they're rabbit.

Seriously, guys...I've been around this board for five years or so, and the generosity of spirit here never fails to amaze me.

To Ozark Wizard: whether or not you were actively in cahoots with Santa, you did make the pipe and blend the tobaccos that he brought me. Just from looking at and holding the pipe and playing around with the tobacco a little, you've done some really amazing things. If either of us ever finds ourselves in the other's neck of the woods, it'd be one heck of an honor to meet you!

RE: The above post -

If anyone thinks the images are too large, I'd appreciate it if a moderator would resize them - I've resized images here enough times that (I think) I know what I'm doing, but any time I try to change the dimensions it keeps coming out the same.

idbowman":1d1muh9t said:
Also included are a number of blends which I believe to be all (or mostly all) home-brew concoctions from the good Wizard (which, again, shouldn't imply...), and plenty of other goodies.

Tobacco

50g Grandpa's Sweater (which smells a lot more appealing than any sweater I've met)
Nice looking pipe and 'Grandpa's Sweater' is a v good blend!

DrT999":o5nqbx4w said:
idbowman":o5nqbx4w said:

Tobacco

Nice looking pipe and 'Grandpa's Sweater' is a v good blend!
As is Pebble Castle, arguably one of the finest blends I've ever had the pleasure of!

Cheers,

RR

I thought I might have been too naughty this year but Santa decided to treat me right anyway.  :D   :D  
The wife provided a scouting report complete with pictures. She thought about calling the bomb squad but I said not to worry dear, I'll handle this one myself. I opened carefully since you can never tell with these BoB types what might be in a box. I was happy to see nothing scary  just an excellent selection of blends in there, most with 3 or 4 years of age on them.  I'm afraid that the seal on that tin of Escudo might not survive through this evening. I've been thinking I need to crack a tin of Escudo and here Santa drops a nicely aged tin on my front porch. I'm taking that as a sign.

</a><a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/120498845@N06/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

Thank you Santa and to all Santa's for making this a fun BoB tradition!!

Big thanks to Carlos as well for being the ring leader for this circus1!  :santa:   :santa:   :santa:

Woohoo!  Way to go Santas.  I always wonder if the delivery people are sore the next day from having to lug those packages around.

Ho ho ho!

:santa:

This Santa has been busy, and will get a package in the mail tomorrow! Here is tonight's children's Christmas party, at the company I work for. I love being the Santa!

I kept looking for the "Like" button.  :lol:

Good job Santas!

:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :drunken: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

What a perfect Santa! And I'd add that your company's tree is very well done, too!