Secret Santa 2016

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm essentially done.

It may be the first Christmas box in BoB history to contain no tobacco?!?  :affraid:

But then again, I s'pose I could throw something in as an extra.  8)

It's been a hard.past year and half for me and I am getting back on my feet. I am participating, but you guys are starting to make me feel bad that I am. My SS recipient will not get anywhere near what you guys are giving g or what I could have done in the past. For this I am sorry, but I will see what I can do.

tarheel7734":t9s1er24 said:
It's been a hard.past year and half for me and I am getting back on my feet. I am participating, but you guys are starting to make me feel bad that I am. My SS recipient will not get anywhere near what you guys are giving g or what I could have done in the past. For this I am sorry, but I will see what I can do.
Nah...I don't think many of us join up because we're hoping to get more than we give. I don't think any of would want to receive a big gift package if it meant putting to the screws to a friend. You'll do what you can and whoever's on the receiving end will be grateful for it. Nothing to worry about!

idbowman":0ogl0msu said:
tarheel7734":0ogl0msu said:
Nah...I don't think many of us join up because we're hoping to get more than we give.  I don't think any of would want to receive a big gift package if it meant putting to the screws to a friend.  You'll do what you can and whoever's on the receiving end will be grateful for it. Nothing to worry about!
Indeed!

I won't be sending a big lavish gift my self I can't but I give what I have and am happy to be blessed with a gift and what makes me most happy is knowing I gave what I could

We only have to meet the minimum requirements.  But that has never stopped some, many, folks from sending all sorts of stuff.

My first Secret Santa was 2003.  I was new.  Well, new to the Internet pipe smoking world having tried and failed the pipe back about 1980 or so.  What I received in quantity was very typical for Secret Santa.  But what was sent really opened my eyes to what was out there.  The experiences from those tins were just amazing.  

Events like Secret Santa, Bombing, boxpasses (although we have not done one in a while) help to keep alive some of our traditions.  Allow us to remember those that may not be here any longer, and see how well we are filling some mighty big shoes that went before us.  And give thanks that we made it another year.  (Yeah, I am a little nervous about tomorrow for some strange reason.)  Some participate.  Some watch from the sidelines.  That is all good!  Good times.

:santa:

arkansaspiper":m8vuv9nu said:
Do we put a return address
We always have Arky. The post office gets upset if we don't. We had a member that skirted that by writing in Japanese. Lol.

Five years ago I was homeless and living in a halfway house for Veterans in Williamstown, MA. I had a few pipes and a couple cobs. A few folks knew of my plight and helped me tremendously. Not only in the pipe hobby, but helping me gain self worth back. I took part in a SS on another forum and added a little bit above the minimum. No one questioned it and I was blown away by what I received.

Today my life has had a complete turn around. I am off the booze and received much needed help for my PTSD. I am fully aware what it is like not to have 2 nickels to rub together or where I will sleep. They say nothing happens in your life that you can't handle and it is all for a reason. I believe that 100% as it has made me who I am today.

In the beginning so many people helped and the only way I can repay this is by helping the next person. I try to live my life this way. You or I may be helping that fella that only had them two nickels.

Ho Ho ho! :santa:

We are a week from the targeted shipping date. (Except for one of you) Just a reminder for everyone to be thinking about this. There has been times that Secret Santa has already injured the Postman with the bulkiness of what was sent by now. No one has mentioned that their package is on the way yet.............................so, keep an eye out on them bushes along side the porch.

I have to confess to being a bit busy myself. And at a almost total loss as what extra goodies I might wish to include. The drawing almost seems like it makes it difficult on purpose.

Time is flying! Santa's sled is growling to go. (You have seen the Mercedes commercials, right?) :santa:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6vSv0bAOcK0" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Carlos":8h96v4t1 said:
Ho Ho ho!  :santa:

We are a week from the targeted shipping date.  (Except for one of you)  Just a reminder for everyone to be thinking about this.  There has been times that Secret Santa has already injured the Postman with the bulkiness of what was sent by now.  No one has mentioned that their package is on the way yet.............................so, keep an eye out on them bushes along side the porch.

I have to confess to being a bit busy myself.  And at a almost total loss as what extra goodies I might wish to include.  The drawing almost seems like it makes it difficult on purpose.  

Time is flying!  Santa's sled is growling to go.  (You have seen the Mercedes commercials, right?)   :santa:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6vSv0bAOcK0" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>
I had planned to send it out next Monday, but I can easily move it to Friday

I currently have Wed thru Fri as the targeted span within which to ship.

Basic main course chosen, side dishes selected, dessert still to be delivered for repackaging.

It will be a fine holiday feast. There might even be some tobacco!

Fatman":vlorb6q2 said:
We're supposed to include tobacco?
DO NOT let this comment fool you! I promise it is a red herring thrown out only to confuse :!: :!:

I have to wonder what those Postal service inspectors think when they randomly open one of our Secret Santa packages for inspection. :shock:

Ho ho ho! :santa: