Secret Santa 2016

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":5ulu1a22 said:
So the dug out lam bowl is the "cutting block" for the Ulu?

Man...you must've been REALLY good this year!
That's what I figure. I haven't taken the blade out to play with it yet. I'm not sure, I'm researching applications now....

Good? Well, sure! I guess it depends on what I'm doing at the time :twisted:

Well the jolly ol' soul was by here today. It never ceases to amaze me how some of you folks so accurately pickup on ideas for gift items. It is not something anyone has to do, yet some of you always manage to do it. My heartfelt thanks for all your generosity to everyone. Hopefully the last couple packages will arrive soon. Some of them had a longer distance to travel.

Photo and description to follow.

ss_20110.jpg

That's a Smoking Pipes coffee mug. An Italian shaving brush and a whiskey and beer shaving soap. Fluffy pipe cleaners. Wonderfully full strength tobaccos. I had never seen that type of packaging for the Plum Twist before. Very nice personalized Christmas Card. See those 10 little vials. I had never seen those before either. A wondrous idea. Fountain pen ink samples. Plenty to get a couple, or three good fills in my Pelikan. Not only is there months worth of writing there. Not one of those ten inks have I tried before. Just amazing! Thanks! :sunny:

Way to go Santa's We are down to three I think. Hopefully the Postal Service comes though. Half the country is in the deep freeze or blizzards.

Ho Ho Ho!
:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Well, late again as usual. My SS box came last week while I was at a conference, came home for one day before heading out again, so I didn't send out a "thank you" to my overly generous SS as I should have. I also didn't get my SS box to the post office until Friday, so late on both ends!

Finally home for a few days and can enjoy my bounty. I'll try to post a pix in the next couple days if I can get out of work on time. My SS sent me a wide array of great tobaccos, but what really got me is there are four blends I've never had before. Sillem's Councilor 1695, G.H. & Co. Best Brown #2 (I love Best Brown, but had no idea they made a #2), Stanislaw/G.H. Winter Time Flake, and Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls. What a treat to try new tobaccos. :D

Thank you SS for your generosity.

Natch

Woohoo! Way to go Santa's!

A couple still in the system and one errant one that may yet show. So keep an eye on the bushes alongside the porch. We are covered in ice here.

Ho Ho Ho!
:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :confused: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Carlos":oiz9uiq6 said:
Woohoo!  Way to go Santa's!

A couple still in the system and one errant one that may yet show.  So keep an eye on the bushes alongside the porch.  We are covered in ice here.

Ho Ho Ho!
:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :confused: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:
Stay warm and safe Carlos! Thanks for getting this organized....

Second package put into USPS the morning of the 14th. Major ice storm hits here that afternoon. Supposedly to be delivered today, thus far tracking sez package has gone about 12 miles...instead of across the entire USA. Well, this one will get there at some point. (grrrrr)

Blackhorse":uf1dca0r said:
Second package put into USPS the morning of the 14th. Major ice storm hits here that afternoon. Supposedly to be delivered today, thus far tracking sez package has gone about 12 miles...instead of across the entire USA. Well, this one will get there at some point. (grrrrr)
Just the way it goes sometime. Hope you can recover some of the cost from the last one that was lost.

I expect Tuesday or Wednesday for the last couple to be delivered. Time flies. We know they are on the way. Once the Postal Service starts making headway in the piles they have jammed up, they should sort themselves out.

Next year, more elves! They need to hire more elves.

Ho Ho Ho!

:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

DoverPipes":y8h1hfqw said:
The "Real Secret Santa" has arrived!:santa:
Details to follow......... :twisted:

(Someone is in deep TROUBLE!!!!!!  :lol!:  )

Carlos":y8h1hfqw said:
Details!  Details! :santa:
:rendeer:  :rendeer:  :rendeer:  :rendeer:  :rendeer:  :rendeer:  :rendeer:  :rendeer:  :rendeer:  :rendeer:  :rendeer:
Well, well, well........
It seems our very own Ms. Scottie Piersel, has been VERY naughty!!! :twisted:

Here is my "Not So Secret Santa" swag!!!!
Scottie truly went off of the deep end on this one. I am truly humbled by such genorosity, I hardly know what to say! :affraid:

Starting from the back L-R:

1) One bottle of: KC Smokehouse Baked Bean Sauce
2) One bottle of: KC Smokehouse Mild BBQ Sauce
3) One bottle of: Long Route Peanut Butter Porter
4) One can of: Horny Goat Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter
5) One can of: Oskar Blues "Death by Coconut" Irish Porter ;)
6) One bottle of: Weller 107 Proof Bourbon
7) One tin of: Dunhill Flake
8 )One tin of: Esoterica "And So To Bed"
9) One tin of: Orlik "Golden Slice"
10) One tin of: MacBaren "Vanilla Flake"
11) One glass Christmas Ornament shaped like a cigar
12) One Montecristo #2 Cigar (Cuban)
13) One Hoyo de Monterey Epicure #2 Cigar (Cuban)
14) One Romeo Y Julieta Cazadores Cigar (Cuban)
15) One Scottie "Natural" Pipe (Simply magnificent blast!!!)
16) Three hand rollled Semois Cigars!!!!!!
17) One tray of Scottie's Homemade Fudge!!! (All gone!!!)
18) One bag of Scottie's Homemade Peanut Butter Brittle

15621912_10211687635809698_5101058205561470278_n.jpg

15589955_10211687630529566_4665057222621384065_n.jpg

15590491_10211687627369487_1463121563888682617_n.jpg

15590560_10211687625129431_7662477181234894289_n.jpg

I will have to find a way to "even the score" with my Naughty Santa!!!! :santa: Way too generous, but GREATLY appreciated!
Thank You Santa!!! (And Heath too!!!!) You made my holiday a whole lot better!!!!!!

Wow! Way to go Santa!

Ho Ho Ho!

:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

WooHooo!  Updated USPS tracking data on box number two...delivery now set for this Monday!

:santa:

Claimed to be "At the HUB" (whatever that is). Guessing it might be a distribution center of some kind. USPS still claiming delivery will occur today.

C'mon...c'mon...c'mon...

Well looks like the second package arrived after the first one was lost to the Grinch. Thanks so much. All my fountain pens and ink are back in Texas with my soon to be x wife and I am hope to eventually get them some day. Now I have two pens and some ink to bring me joy.

GBD bulldog
Dunhill Royal Yacht
Pilot Falcon fountain pen with soft fine nib
Jimhao fountain pen
Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-guri brown ink
sample of Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku ink- one of my favorites, but spilled 90 percent of sample
sample of Noodlers Bad Blue Heron
Sample of Diamine Woodland Green

Woohoo! Way to go Santa.

( I really hope that missing box shows up!)

Ho Ho Ho! One to go!

:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :face: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Carlos":wpxzqzkt said:
Woohoo!  Way to go Santa.  

( I really hope that missing box shows up!)

Ho Ho Ho!  One to go!

:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :face: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:
yup yup!