Secret Santa 2016

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":ffqgav01 said:
Got a call from the USPS - the first box has been found and should be on target within a couple of days!
That is amazing news

Yeah, they were trying really hard to nail one of us down.
You aren't local there and the address isn't in your name...etc.
To get me they had to call my daughter to get my phone number.

If they come at about 3 am from ropes off a Black Ops Huey...

Nahhh! They wouldn't do that..

Hmmmmm.

(You might want to bunk a couple of rooms down the hall for a few nights.
You know...just a precaution. Seen too many Tom Cruise movies I think!)

Blackhorse":h5xaklmk said:
Yeah, they were trying really hard to nail one of us down.
You aren't local there and the address isn't in your name...etc.
To get me they had to call my daughter to get my phone number.

If they come at about 3 am from ropes off a Black Ops Huey...

Nahhh! They wouldn't do that..

(You might want to bunk a couple of rooms down the hall for a few nights.
You know...just a precaution.  Seen too many Tom Cruise movies I think!)
Hmm the law states you cant mail smokeless tobacco or cigarettes without permission from a mail employee but cigars are allowed and pipe tobacco should fall under cigars as most places shipping pipe tobacco uses usps to do so such as smokingpipes.com. I think they screwed the pooch and we could probably hold them accountable if we really wanted to lol.

Thought I heard some clicketty clacking on the metal roof last night.  I was much to tired to grab the Model12 and investigate!  Lo and behold I looked out on the 2nd floor stoop in the morning and I spyed a huge  parcel. I pulled it into my kitchen and this is what was inside.  Many thanks to my Secret Santa and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Joyous New Year!

Holy crap Lois, did the whole sleigh get upturned on your porch? Nice nice nice!!!!!!

Got a visit from a Federal Law enforcement agent attached to the post office today bringing me the first package. He explained that they were waiting for the warrant to open the box and that it is illegal to ship all tobacco. This is not the case and he is quite missinformed of the law. The law is against cigarettes and smokeless tobacco and you can ship those under certain circumstances. I will post pics later when I get a chance of everything. It's been a crazy year.

tarheel7734":vdcae8gc said:
Got a visit from a Federal Law enforcement agent attached to the post office today bringing me the first package. He explained  that they were waiting for the warrant to open the box and that it is illegal to ship all tobacco. This is not the case and he is quite missinformed of the law. The law is against cigarettes and smokeless tobacco and  you can ship those u see certain circumstances. I will post pics later when I get a chance of everything. It's been a crazy year.
???? How does that work with online sales? Is it a tax thing?

Ozark Wizard":9kd1fdpi said:
tarheel7734":9kd1fdpi said:
Got a visit from a Federal Law enforcement agent attached to the post office today bringing me the first package. He explained  that they were waiting for the warrant to open the box and that it is illegal to ship all tobacco. This is not the case and he is quite missinformed of the law. The law is against cigarettes and smokeless tobacco and  you can ship those u see certain circumstances. I will post pics later when I get a chance of everything. It's been a crazy year.
???? How does that work with online sales? Is it a tax thing?
No it's to prevent underage use of tobacco. Thats why it pertains to cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.

WOW Santas! Unbelievable generosity. And the entertainment seeing this happen from the draw to the finish is a lot of fun.

Looks like the packages have all arrived. Someone correct me in case I missed someone on the list and got my checkoff sheet confused. Give some time for all those who can get their photobucket working, or directly posted if they wish to do so. Or not. I know how busy it is for everyone this time of year. WE could use a couple dozen more weekends before the first of the year. They just are not there.

Carlos :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :drunken:

Yes! Thanks to Carlos for all his efforts, to my Santa for the fantastic gifts, and to all the rest of the players, for making this a great holiday season, for showing the great family this forum is, and for the chance to exercise generosity!

May all your holidays be blessed, and your new years be fraught with success and good health!

:cheers:

It is you folks that really make this happen. There is also plenty of anonymous gifting going on that keeps the spirit alive, of those who have gone before us. I am calling this year's Secret Santa completed.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Carlos :santa: