Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlos":gztmjkuj said:
A metric ton of rats.  :shock:  

Sounds like an Indiana Jones movie.

HO Ho Ho!  :santa:
All in a day's work as an exterminator just doing my little part to male the world a cleaner safer disease free place

Awesomeness!!  The front porch was bombed by Santa while I was at work today. I must have been good. Either that or Santa wasn't looking on several occasions  :D

Included in the package.
A funny Christmas card....  I don't think the cookies and milk realize how this works  :D
Some Astronaut ice cream
A stick of smoked alligator

The Tobacco goodies.
Tin of Escudo   (Yummy, into the cellar)
Tin of Dunhill Flake  (Yummy, into the cellar)
Tin of SG St. James Flake of 2015 vintage  (Yummy, into the cellar)
Tin of F&T cut blended plug of 2015 vintage.  Sounds tasty but I've never tried it. I won't be able to say that soon  :D
Baggy of Peter Heinrich's special curly.  Smells tasty I'm trying this soon too.
A bag of the ever needed pipe cleaners

And last but not least a wonderful little pipe from AKB Meerschaum. It's not something I'd would have bought for myself but I really like it. Love the Red and Black swirled stem!

Thank you very much!!

One of the best things about this secret Santa thing is my wife is actually jealous. She is not a smoker or a fan of pipes but she was saying how she wished she could get involved in a similar gift swap.

Now, you'll have to excuse me. I keep smelling that Special Curly and I'm going to see how it smokes.

Thanks again to Carlos for setting this up.

</a>[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/120498845@N06/]

https://flic.kr/p/EaXGmS<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/120498845@N06/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/url]

Nice work, Santa! That cut blended plug is one of my favorite sleeper blends—don’t tell anyone how good it is! And the special curly is great, too, bet it’ll smoke nice in that meer. Dig the black coloration, neat shake, and stem. Looks like something Vlad Tepes would smoke!

As for me, I just opened my second (!) parcel after another busy night out—wow redux! The Secret Santa is always fun but my guy really went all out this year. Will post pics and a list of the full carnage tomorrow but for now I’ll Simply say thank you again!!!

Way to go Santa! Anyone notice just how many flakes, plugs, ropes, pressed type tobaccos of all sorts seem to be showing up this year?

Ho Ho ho! :santa:

Well I'm glad I hadn't gotten around to posting pics of my present yet! I had another box show up this morning. I'll get a full list and pics posted later today.

Thank you, Santa!

20171210.jpg

20171211.jpg

For the life of me I can't get that top pic to orient right!

Here's the rundown of what Santa sent

1 jar Artie's Blackberry Jam
3 Idaho Spuds
1 Vanilla Mountain Bar
1 Peanut Butter Mountain Bar
1 Cherry Mountain Bar
8oz McClelland 5100 (my fav!!!)
8 briar blocks
8 sticks of bamboo
An assortment of ebonite, cumberland and acryilc rods
Pack of pipecleaners

Thank you so much Santa! The pipemaking supplies will be put to use very soon!!

WOW Santa! That's some serious goodies right there. There are going to be a lot of happy people down the road as those components get turning into fine smoking pipes.

Ho Ho Ho! :santa:

As mentioned, I got walloped with a second round of holiday cheer last night, and this morning set everything out for a photo op:

Well, almost everything--there was also this decadent delivery:

The full rundown:

Adagio glass tea maker
Lapsang Souchong tea
Chocolate chai tea
Abbot's Table Organic Nicaraguan Medium Roast Coffee
Abbot's Table Chocolate Fudge

McClelland Christmas Cheer (2007!)
McClelland 3 Oaks Syrian
STC Warhorse Bar
STC Bengal Slices
C&D Dreams of Kadath
Hermit's Captain Earle's Nightwatch
G.L. Pease's Stonehenge Flake
L.J. Peretti's Thanksgiving Day

8deco bamboo pipe tamp

MM Jesse James Cob
Savinelli Chubby Cutty

And finally, this super neat Decatur Pipe Tobacco Journal:

I'm just amazed by the care Santa put into picking all this out--everything is either a hard to find favorite of mine or something that looks like it lines up smack in my wheelhouse! Can't wait to start trying out new blends in my new pipes. And that sav cutty is one of my favorite shapes of all time--I actually have and love a slightly different model I got from another brother on here years ago, so will dig it out soon and post some family holiday pics of them together. And a constant consumer of hot beverages, I love both coffee and tea but my glass tea pot broke in my last move and I haven't replaced it yet so this gift is exactly what I needed!

Now to see if I can hold off on tearing into that fudge until the next family visit...

Thank you again, Santa, and all you brothers and sisters who make this place such a warm and wonderful respite from the real world. This is my fifth Secret Santa, if memory serves, and I'm very much looking forward to fifty more! Happy holidays, one and all.

Another pummeling! Way to go Santa! That Lapsang Souchong tea is amazing stuff. And I have a Teaze for generous single cup brewing. Very similar to that one your Secret Santa sent. I also use #4 cone filters in mine and brew single cup coffee. Handy little trick. Chocolates are a food group!

Ho Ho Ho! :santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Santa hit me hard here!

img_2017.jpg

I received -
1 tin C&D Speakeasy Navy Blend
1 tin Dunhill Navy Rolls
1 tin Wessex Burley Slice (one of my favorites)
1 pack pipe cleaners
2 Cohiba cigars
2 bars of chocolate (one of which the lady of the house has already torn into)
1 coyote baculum(definitely going on my desk at work, it's a fantastic piece and I want to know who knows what it is)
1 gorgeous partially rusticated Trypis bent billiard
1 Silver Grey blasted briar tamper (!!)
1 bottle of Founders KBS stout
A copy of A Crown for Cold Silver
Baggies of -
G&H Rum Twist (2010)
Esoterica Pembroke
HU Dockworker
Heinrich's Dark Strong Flake
HU Director's Cut
C&D Crooner
And last but not least, a great handwritten note

Thank you so much Santa, to say you hit the nail on the head with these is an understatement. Wow!

That Jolly Old Elf is on a roll. How did Santa know you collect......ummm.....yeah. What you collect. LOL

But that's a fine selection of tobacs and goodies. Never saw the book and the brewski before.

Ho Ho Ho! :santa:

Man oh man I'm glad Santa didn't see all my naughtiness this year, because he sure spoiled me!  :santa:   :santa:   :santa: A lot of aged tins, some already on my to-try list and others new to me, but not a single tobacco I've tried before, which couldn't be more exciting! Also a bunch of yummy goodies. Thanks Santa, you are a wonderful human being and this made my day. Pic and full list below:

-McClelland Dark Star ('05)
-McClelland oriental 14 ('03 I think)
-Dunhill light Flake ('03)
-Balkan Sasieni
-Captain Earle's Private Stock ('06)
-Hermit Tobacco vintage series limited edition XVC2 ('06)
-Exclusive Royal mild granulated ('06)
-GLP Chelsea Morning ('13)
-Solani Virginia with perique ('03)
-Wessex burley slice ('05)
-C&D Luigi Radici
-C&D vintage Longevity ('02)
-C&D Bailey's front Porch ('05)
-C&D Yale mixture ('05)

Yummies:
-Abe's Popcorn
-Abe's Berry gummies
-Adagio Loose leaf Full Irish Breakfast tea
-Sasse's Apiary Lemon Honey Candy
-3 cube lollipops

WarlockBob":z9ydwjum said:
Santa hit me hard here!

img_2017.jpg

I received -
1 tin C&D Speakeasy Navy Blend
1 tin Dunhill Navy Rolls
1 tin Wessex Burley Slice (one of my favorites)
1 pack pipe cleaners
2 Cohiba cigars
2 bars of chocolate (one of which the lady of the house has already torn into)
1 coyote baculum(definitely going on my desk at work, it's a fantastic piece and I want to know who knows what it is)
1 gorgeous partially rusticated Trypis bent billiard
1 Silver Grey blasted briar tamper (!!)
1 bottle of Founders KBS stout
A copy of A Crown for Cold Silver
Baggies of -
G&H Rum Twist (2010)
Esoterica Pembroke
HU Dockworker
Heinrich's Dark Strong Flake
HU Director's Cut
C&D Crooner
And last but not least, a great handwritten note

Thank you so much Santa, to say you hit the nail on the head with these is an understatement. Wow!

WOAH, WOAH,WOAHOHOHOHHHHOOOO now........

Coyote baculum? OK, I had to look this up. Yah, I'm a mountain man and had to find this...:

https://www.amazon.com/Coyote-Penile-Baculum-Mountain-Toothpick/dp/B06W5K2RVC

um, no. Not this mountain man. :affraid:

Great hit though otherwise Santa!

Coyote baculum? OK, I had to look this up. Yah, I'm a mountain man and had to find this...:
I just had to click on it. Who knew you could buy such a thing?? I learn the most interesting things from the brothers here.

HA!!!! No, no toothpick for me. Great conversation starter though, absolutely!!

I am not surprised that someone is peddling those as toothpicks though. A big Texas thing at a lot of tourist-y spots were walking canes made of bull baculum. Talk about a real swingin' Richard!

Well, well ..... My lovely Wife informs me that a package awaits my return from work. I wonder what it could be?

If it is from my Secret Santa, I will be posting photos of what the Big Red Elf sent. ??☺️

Woohoo! Way to go Santa's. I know we are close to completion. Make sure you have posted pics or a list. Some acknowledgement please.

Ho ho Ho! :santa: