Secret Santa 2018 - BOB's Eleventh

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":6o4x5lti said:
OK...hold on to your hat...here we go...

First...copy the information below to a text file and save it.

Then...

With the BoB site showing on your screen...

Posting a Photo at BoB Site

Click “Open Reply” to get text page to write on.
Click inside text box to get cursor onto page.
Push “Return” 4 - 5 times to space down.
At the top of the page there are tool buttons.
One of the sets of buttons has 6, including Facebook & uTube
At the far left of the 6 is one that looks like a screen with a floppy disk
Push that button
A large grey square appears in your text box.
Set pixel size to 640 & push green “select files” button at top
If you have the photo saved, click “Photo Library”
Choose what library of pics to choose from
Click the photo you want to post then click “Done”
The photo you picked shows up in the grey box.
Click up arrow to the right of your photo
You get a green “loading” progress bar, wait til it loads
Then click “Insert All”
Finally click “Preview” to review what it looks like
Then “Send” to finalize it.

It goes really fast once you’re used to it.

Thank you!

So I've been waiting patiently for days hoping Santa would send a package my way. Every time I'd hear the leaves rustle I'd run to the door to see if Santa's helpers that drive the little white trucks had left me something, but time and time again I was disappointed. I was even starting to wonder if the squirrels that inhabit the yard had absconded with the package. I was about to start climbing trees and checking squirrel nests when I spied a white box on my front porch.

The squirrels were forgotten as I opened the package. This is what I found inside.

Tobacco:
C&D Small batch Red Virginia  (I'd missed out on this so I'm very happy to get a tin)
C&D Bayou Morning  (Something I've wanted to try but, never got around too)
Blakeney's Best Bayou Slice  (I'm not familiar with this one but it sounds right up my alley)
Solani Virgina flake with perique   (Love this stuff)

Goodies:
Pecan brittle   (My wife has already confiscated this and the fudge)
Chocolate fudge
Can of Duff energy drink

Other Stuff:
Wonderful hand written note.
Piersel Pipes T-shirt
Crappy Pipes T-shirt
Cigar Christmas ornament
Bag of pipe cleaners  (You can never have enough)

And last but not least.
An awesome pipe. I won't out my secret Santa but you can probably guess who. I really love this pipe. The fit and finish are outstanding and I had to admit it was about 30 minutes from the time I opened the package until the time I fired up a bowl in it. It smokes wonderfully. It will have a place of pride on my pipe rack.!!

Thank you to my Santa and to Carlos for putting this together!!

31341311517_931d292f30_z.jpg
</a>[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/120498845@N06/]

https://flic.kr/p/PKwq6P<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/120498845@N06/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/url]

Woohoo!  Another great Secret Santa package dropped on someone.

Navyflake, I sent you a PM.  I'll help with the pic.  (Done!  Go back a page and check it out.)

I have an address to pass on.  Will do so once I am in the Hamshack to double-check my spreadsheet.  I am in the office watching an auction of ourdoors stuff at the moment.  Can't be in two places at once.  I try, of course. (PM sent to the Secret Santa. Thanks so much for waiting!)

Ho Ho Ho!
:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

This is a testament to the quality of our members here. Per capita, we must have some of the "nicest" members of any forum. With all of these Santa deliveries, I've yet to see coal delivered to any of us.

(The below Photo was resized by the Management in order not to make the text size too small to read. Have a nice day.)
Thanks for that. Couldn't figure out how to resize it on my phone. :roll:

I'm enjoying some stroopwafels and jersey creams with my coffee this morning. I'm going to have to find them both locally...I'm addicted.

Thanks again, Santa!

And a big Thank You to Carlos for putting this together again this year.

Just to let my Secret Santa know their crate of goodies arrived yesterday. I have gotten as far as taking a photo of the Christmas paper wrapped packages but have not had the chance to unwrap them and take a photo as I’ve been busy with medical stuff and exhausted as well, I have my ivIG infusion tomorrow but will try to have photos and a real thank you posted shortly, regards.
banjo

I post processed the wrapped packages as a tease since I’ll be heading out for another appointment shortly, if I don’t run out of gas I will try to get them unwrapped, take a photo and let everyone know what the stash is, regards.
banjo

46290252111_ca70576e63_z_d.jpg

Woohoo Santa! There's a teaser. Nicely wrapped packages. Great card and coffee. Take your time and do what you must. We can always wait.

Ho Ho Ho!
:santa:

Ozark Wizard":j7dmep0j said:
Man, you would think I was out of the woods, but Santa found me yet!

Snuffs, tobaccos, fish clubs, and clothing. Once all is sorted I'll post pictures!

Merry Christmas! :santa: :rendeer: :cheers:

Fish clubs? I’m certain there is a perfectly good explanation lol

Well I got home and my neighbor who receives all my stuff due to medical needs, appointments etc. was having a problem with his PC so of course even if my right leg was falling off I’d go over to help for all he does for me.

Get there and thankful it ends up a very easy fix so we hung around for a bit and he brought me home with some Exhausted Rooster I’d had shipped to him.

Catching my second wind I decided to brew a cup Sumatra Coffee, strong and black, open the presents and document them.

So here goes:

Aside from the outstanding card of Santa Clause and this delicious Sumatra Coffee there is:

A jar of Kobuk Samovar Tea

50 grams jars of the following

Marlin Flake dated 8/18

IRC Slices dated 9/18

Pebble Castle dated 10/8

BBQ Blend dated 11/16

A tin of C&D Small Batch Carolina (which I’ve been dying to try!)

A pack of 6” pipe cleaners and a bundle of 12” for a Churchwarden

So to ensure I could use the 12” a Churchwarden was included

A nicely turned piece of wood with bark still on it, not an ash tray but a pipe rest, I plan to stage my day’s rotation in it.

So thank you very much to my Secret Santa, warmest regards and keep it smokey, mm, that’s good coffee!
banjo

46242391902_dde3d78fb2_z_d.jpg

Another thoughtful selection!  Well done, Santa! :santa:

RE: the small batch; for a run of 8000, it sure went fast!

DrT999":vi5ff34i said:
Another thoughtful selection!  Well done, Santa! :santa:

RE: the small batch; for a run of 8000, it sure went fast!
No kidding, I was looking at my email when the available alert came in and clicked the link to find it sold out already! Then I got another email alert from a local that had 100 tins, clicked that and sold out.

Well done Santa's everywhere!!!