Secret Santa 2018 - BOB's Eleventh

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outstanding Santa! Really nice pipe.

Ho Ho Ho!
:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Moping around here (it’s our 38th wedding anniversary) cause my wife has to stay in town and take our adult daughter to an urgent care place due to some medical issues. We had to cancel dinner reservations. Nothing on TV...tuned in to USA vs Canada & Japan - Curling. So you can tell how slim the choices are. Groan. Rummaging in the pantry for some crackers and thinking about opening a can of soup.

Ding Dong

It’s the mailman with a huge box of...what?  Hey! It’s my secret Santa bomb!!!

(Photos tomorrow)

Simple man that Pete is awesome. I really like the white stem. Is it a military mount? And the tobaccos sound very interesting from what I read on them. Your santa must be the man!

eggman":i4ajjj3e said:
Simple man that Pete is awesome. I really like the white stem. Is it a military mount? And the tobaccos sound very interesting from what I read on them. Your santa must be the man!
The stem is actually way more beautiful than my crappy cellphone allows. It is white and cream swirls. I wish my regular camera was working but it is out of batteries. Yes, it is an army (military) mount. If I had seen this pipe at a B&M I definitely would have purchased it. It is really spectacular.

If I expand the image slightly I can easily see the cream/white/tan streaks in the stem. Yummy. Didn’t realize it was an army mount...arguably my favorite connection system. Then there’s the specific shape...very iconic Pete. Very desirable. Plus, even more wonderful, Pete’s are pretty reasonable re cost so these well designed and crafted pipes are within reach of most everyone. Your Santa has excellent taste to be sure.

So we’ve all been drooling over this Secret Santa item. I bet that each of us has items in their package that they are also ecstatic about. I know I do.

——————————————

Here’s the itemization of Santa’s thrilling package, received here at the horse stables last evening...

1. Warhorse Bar Red tin (my favorite tinned blend)
2. Warhorse Bar Red (another) tin
3. C&D Burley Flake #1 tin
4. C&D Burley Flake #2 tin
5. Gawith Best Brown #2 tin
6. Gawith Run Twist 2 oz. bulk
7. Gawith Brown Flake Vanilla
8. Longs Pipe Cleaners
9. Shipwrecked Seasonings Red Meat Rub
10. Maple Candy Pastilles
11. FOUR Brasstown boutique designer chocolate bars
12. TWO Panda licorice
13. Henry Goode’s Classic licorice
14. Harribo licorice discs
15. Walker’s Licorice Toffee Slab
16. Scottie Dogs licorice (the world’s best)

So...TWENTY items...well conceived and gifted with kindness.

In front of the Christmas tree...

And the close up glamour shot...

BH,

That's quite a spread you've got laid out before the Christmas tree. Santa knows how to satisfy your craving for a tasty bowl, and at the same time pacify your sweet tooth.

Enjoy it all in good health, sir!

And a hearty "KUDOS" to you, Santa!

Ho Ho Holy cow Blackhorse! You have been a very good boy, eh?

Great job Santa! :cheers: :santa:

Alas, I don't have a way to directly upload a photo anymore, but Santa was very generous to me -- cellar now over 60 pounds and good through the spring of 2038!

2 packages of Dill's Bristle pipe cleaners
a package of berry hookah tobacco
.5 GH Dark Plug

Aged (2010-2015) Tins
HH Dark Fired 3.5
Peterson Perfect Plug 3.5
Peterson University Flake
Dunhill Early Morning Pipe
GL Pease Triple Play

Large jars (7.5-9.5 oz, aged 2009-2012)
C&C Guilford Courthouse
MacBaren Navy Flake
G&H Rum Flake
G&H Kendal Flake
S Gawith 1792 Flake

Thank you, Santa! :santa:  (See, you whiny students, I HAVE been good this year!) :lol!:

BriarBeagle":1ilfm9z4 said:
That is one heck of a haul, DrT!

God bless Santa for cellaring lots of goodies, and taking care of the aging for you.  Nice list indeed!
Yeah, I think I'll have to cull the cellar this spring to make room!

Wow! Way to go Santa's!

I keep thinking that I could pop out get some some neato candy or some other stuff that Illinois is famous for. To include in my Secret Santa package. Then I remember what Illinois is famous for. Governors in prison. Big deer. Corn.

Ho Ho Ho!
:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Carlos":jk5hz2i9 said:
Wow!  Way to go Santa's!

I keep thinking that I could pop out get some some neato candy or some other stuff that Illinois is famous for.  To include in my Secret Santa package.  Then I remember what Illinois is famous for.  Governors in prison.  Big deer.  Corn.  

Ho Ho Ho!
:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:  
And DA BEARS!

Yeah, this is all pretty mind blowing. Is it just me or has the Santa population in general around here been nipping at the “Dr. Christmas Generosity Elixir” bottle? Next we’ll be seeing BMW’s and real estate under our tree’s!

Blackhorse":j8ce12eu said:
Yeah, this is all pretty mind blowing. Is it just me or has the Santa population in general around here been nipping at the “Dr. Christmas Generosity Elixir” bottle? Next we’ll be seeing BMW’s and real estate under our tree’s!
When we got this shindig underway, I explicitly told Carlos in my Santa wish list "no aromatics, and no BMWs." Real Estate IS acceptable. :lol:

BriarBeagle":sqt4lffj said:
Blackhorse":sqt4lffj said:
When we got this shindig underway, I explicitly told Carlos in my Santa wish list "no aromatics, and no BMWs."  Real Estate IS acceptable. :lol:
Hmmm. What you got against aeromatics?