Secret Santa 2018 - BOB's Eleventh

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jevverrett":r3rmfd42 said:
I commented on the wrong page. Banjo got a wooden pipe rest. It looks About hockey puck sized and very much a log. Very cool
Found it...thanks for the re-direct.

Re the fish club?  On the Pacific Coast fish clubs are common...they are used to club the big salmon that are caught. A fifty pound fish full of sand and spit can do some serious damage...so we club ‘em. Plus, the one Ozzie posted is carved into a fish as well.

Photo detail from Ozzie’s post...

Blackhorse":ql9nhj41 said:
Re the fish club?  On the Pacific Coast fish clubs are common...they are used to club the big salmon that are caught. A fifty pound fish full of sand and spit can do some serious damage...so we club ‘em. Plus, the one Ozzie posted is carved into a fish as well.
That is cool!

Not to mention the six foot Sturgeon and 200 lb Halibut.

(Guys I knew in Alaska used to take their Winchester 30-30 out on the boat to dispatch the big Halibut. Many good stories about some nimrod pulling a big Halibut into a boat only to have the fish DESTROY everything in sight.  You either shot ‘em through the spine or tied ‘em head to tail with heavy rope. Crazy.)

PS: they used the rifle on the fish BEFORE they hauled it into the boat! lol

Blackhorse":4l2m48s6 said:
Not to mention the six foot Sturgeon and 200 lb Halibut.

(Guys I knew in Alaska used to take their Winchester 30-30 out on the boat to dispatch the big Halibut. Many good stories about some nimrod pulling a big Halibut into a boat only to have the fish DESTROY everything in sight.  You either shot ‘em through the spine or tied ‘em head to tail with heavy rope. Crazy.)

PS: they used the rifle on the fish BEFORE they hauled it into the boat!  lol
Wise men! :lol:

Corncobcon":x4kvpacj said:
Nice stack of goodies, Natch!  It must be true, Santa does come to the Ozarks! I think I will set out my extra Christmas lights and spell out "Santa, please stop here!" :lol:
:lol:

Good job Santa's. Some are still en-route. I'll try to update the spreadsheet today and see where we are.

Ho Ho Ho!

:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

:shock: Man I bet hockey players are happy to not have a puck that size, it’s 7” across and the interior is 5” across and slightly over 1” tall, there are 7 pipes resting in it right now.
banjo

Jevverrett":evls5jk4 said:
I commented on the wrong page. Banjo got a wooden pipe rest. It looks About hockey puck sized and very much a log. Very cool

Well Santa has made a stop in NC. Don't have my camera available right now (phone camera is broken) so will post pictures later. Included in the package is...
One pack of Long's extra absorbent pipe cleaners (always good to have)
1.76 OZ of Dunhill Mixture BB 1938
2 OZ tin Cornell & Diehl Bayou Morning Flake (can take that off my to buy list now)
2 OZ tin Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening (I'm running out so good to have more)
6 pack tin of Romeo y Julieta mini cigars (perfect for the drive to work)
And a merry Christmas card from Santa.

There was zero clues as to the identification of the secret santa. So thank you very much santa, whoever you are...some blends I've wanted to try and one that is my current go to aromatic.

House isn't even set up and this is the first bit of mail we have received at the new address, couldn't have asked for a better package. Thanks again Santa and thank you Carlos for setting this up, and thanks for letting me slow things down while hunting for a home. Look forward to next year!

I received a simple private message today from someone calling himself Storm Warning! He is my "undercover" SS and explained about my package coming some time next week and to be careful opening one of the packages within. It has something fragile in it. I appreciate you letting me know about this, and will be very carefull opening it. Thank you, I can't wait until the package gets here. Man, I'm so excited!!! :bounce: :santa:

fishnbanjo":dawsn04n said:
:shock: Man I bet hockey players are happy to not have a puck that size, it’s 7” across and the interior is 5” across and slightly over 1” tall, there are 7 pipes resting in it right now.
banjo

Jevverrett":dawsn04n said:
It didn’t look that big to me. I can see why you said it’s not an ashtray haha.

Corncobcon":wlf1arir said:
I received a simple private message today from someone calling himself Storm Warning!  He is my "undercover" SS and explained about my package coming some time next week and to be careful opening one of the packages within. It has something fragile in it.  I appreciate you letting me know about this, and will be very carefull opening it. Thank you, I can't wait until  the package gets here. Man, I'm so excited!!! :bounce: :santa:
Ruh Roah!

Way to go Secret Santa's. Undercover, anonymous, and others. Sneaky lot!

Ho Ho Ho!

:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Pictures of the carnage:

Box that everything came in

And the contents of the box

Angain thanks for the treats and the opportunity to participate even though I am quite new to the community.