Secret Santa 2019 - BOB's Twelfth

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy to tell you that the Holiday Road is delicious. It really does give you the flavor of a traditional British Christmas pudding with stewed fruit and brandy. The only bad thing about is that it's out of stock :(

I left work today to find my car iced over and my tire pressure gauge going haywire. To top it off, I didn't have an ice scraper. What I should have done was to copy Santa.

He made it through all of snow today to drop off a jim dandy of a package! Unobtanium in the form of McClelland Red and Black, a tin of FVF that's older than most of my children, some CT-wrapped cigars (that Casa Torano tubo beckons as I type this; in my old age, I love mild cigars more and more and more), some other awesome blends and even a couple of O. Henry Gift of the Magi tins. I was just as surprised to see Santa sacrifice a tin of Temple Bar as much as I was surprised to see Quiet Nights in there--I could have sworn that Santa liked latakia as much as I like aromatics! And if I had a dollar for every time I've had HH Acadian Perique in my cart and then dumped it, I'd be a rich man. Now it's just a scrum between me and my kids for the almond-filled Hershey kisses.

Thanks Santa!

GeoffC":e55qvtyz said:
Ho Ho Ho!  My radar was down and had no warning of pending incoming candy cane striped missile!   This really was above and beyond!

Capstan Blue
H&H AJ VaPer
Scotty's Trout Stream
The Country Squire Figgy Pudding
Super fancy tamper
2x pipe cleaners
Clay pipe! Always wanted to try one!
Nording pipe!  Holy Moly I don't deserve this!  This pipe is sweet!

qYTwv9v.jpg" style="width: 498px;height: 665px
Just curious if you’ve smoked that clay pipe yet? If so what your impressions of it? I have thought about trying one foe years but never pulled the trigger on one.

swhipple":o2z0sorg said:

Apparently, I've been better than I thought.  :D  Santa dropped a fantastic package on the porch today. Came with a handwritten card and a nice selection of tobaccos, as well as some tasty treats.  Thank you Santa.

Tobacco:
Ken Byron - Smooth Criminal
Ken Byron - Holiday Road
Esoterica - Dunbar
C&D - Chenet's Cake
H&H - Marble Cake

Food:
Tupelo honey
Lucky Goat Coffee
Sanders Peppermint Patties
Habanero Hot Sauce

I'm looking forward to having some of the coffee this weekend. The wife has already claimed the Peppermint patties and I think she may have already finished them off. For this evening, I'm planning on breaking into the Holiday Road it sounds delicious.
Darn you must have good too this year. Great blends and great food. Tupelo honey not supposed to crystallize if I remember correctly and a great song too from one of favorite artists

GeoffC":2hnajl14 said:
Seems like Santa must of been bribed.  You all cannot be that good!
Money CAN buy you almost anything. Even love. The Beatles were wrong.

Cerfer":281hximj said:
I left work today to find my car iced over and my tire pressure gauge going haywire. To top it off, I didn't have an ice scraper. What I should have done was to copy Santa.

He made it through all of snow today to drop off a jim dandy of a package! Unobtanium in the form of McClelland Red and Black, a tin of FVF that's older than most of my children, some CT-wrapped cigars (that Casa Torano tubo beckons as I type this; in my old age, I love mild cigars more and more and more), some other awesome blends and even a couple of O. Henry Gift of the Magi tins. I was just as surprised to see Santa sacrifice a tin of Temple Bar as much as I was surprised to see Quiet Nights in there--I could have sworn that Santa liked latakia as much as I like aromatics! And if I had a dollar for every time I've had HH Acadian Perique in my cart and then dumped it, I'd be a rich man. Now it's just a scrum between me and my kids for the almond-filled Hershey kisses.

Thanks Santa!

Once again another good bob this year. You had an awesome Santa.

WOW! Some very interesting Santa choices that I would never have thought of. Don't know how you guys do it. Outstanding.

Ho Ho Ho! :santa:

After extensive holiday complications, this jolly old elf finally got his sleigh airborne...and discovered somebody snuck down my chimney on the sly! On the clock but looking forward to seeing what Saint Nick delivered later tonight. Happy holidays, all!

GeoffC":34kzyg17 said:
eggman":34kzyg17 said:
GeoffC":34kzyg17 said:
Ho Ho Ho!  My radar was down and had no warning of pending incoming candy cane striped missile!   This really was above and beyond!

Capstan Blue
H&H AJ VaPer
Scotty's Trout Stream
The Country Squire Figgy Pudding
Super fancy tamper
2x pipe cleaners
Clay pipe! Always wanted to try one!
Nording pipe!  Holy Moly I don't deserve this!  This pipe is sweet!
Just curious if you’ve smoked that clay pipe yet? If so what your impressions of it? I have thought about trying one foe years but never pulled the trigger on one.
I have!  Always wanted to try a clay and it is a great smoker!  Flavors really pop in the clay.  I would consider buying clay pipes for Virginia's.  It was sooooo good.  Smoked HU Aus de Krater No. 3 in it.
Penn Valley Pipe Shoppe usually has a good selection of clays

penn valley

We I got home about 15 minutes ago and seen a package on my front porch. I took the dog out to do his thing then came in to check out the box. Low and behold I must have been a good boy and have the best Santa ever. He gifted me with a awesome surprise.

Honestly this tobacco does have good pouch aroma. We’ll see how it smokes in a little bit. Thanks Santa you’re the man

Thanks for the info on the clay pipes. I will definitely have to check one out.

eggman":ffyzjw8k said:
We I got home about 15 minutes ago and seen a package on my front porch. I took the dog out to do his thing then came in to check out the box. Low and behold I must have been a good boy and have the best Santa ever. He gifted me with a awesome surprise.

Honestly this tobacco does have good pouch aroma. We’ll see how it smokes in a little bit. Thanks Santa you’re the man
Looks like the power of suggestion is not lost on Santa.  Enjoy that CB Grape.  You should chase it down with some Manischewitz wine since you're going big...

(Let's hope that was the entire supply of CB Grape that Santa had in his bag when he left the North Pole) :santa: :lol:

BriarBeagle":cu3hreu7 said:
eggman":cu3hreu7 said:

Looks like the power of suggestion is not lost on Santa.  Enjoy that CB Grape.  You should chase it down with some Manischewitz wine since you're going big...

(Let's hope that was the entire supply of CB Grape that Santa had in his bag when he left the North Pole) :santa: :lol:

Never seen or heard of that Concord grape wine. I bet it’s some sweet stuff. I’m more of a red wine guy myself.

Whoa!!! Santa showed up and left a present on my doorstep...

I had to use a plasma cutter just to make my way into it.

Well, no new toy or shiny bicycle for this boy.  No!  In fact Santa went in to his archives of Christmas past and dug out some treasures indeed, many of which were covered in years off dust and cobwebs.  Some of these will have to be sent to the lab for carbon dating to determine their actual age.  Regardless, what a generous whopper of a gift from Santa!  I'm not certain I'm worthy, but still I'm deeply appreciative.  

McClelland XMas Cheer
McClelland Dark Star
Orlik Golden Sliced
Dunhill Elizabethan
Formers Private Flake
Dan Tobacco Limerick
Sam Gawith St. James Flake
Escudo
Solani VaPer 633
Three Nuns Red & Yellow (= Six Nuns Total) :lol:
A lovely handwritten Christmas card and message...

And a partridge in a pear tree

THANK YOU SANTA!!!