Secret Santa 2020 - BOB's Thirteeth

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen, Its time!!!!

For the 'New Guys' (anyone that wasn't a Knoxer (Knoxville Cigar Company forum)) this is BOB's thirteeth Secret Santa but it has a long lineage stemming from Knox Cigars old BB. It's always been a blast and sometimes been quite surprising, as some of the worst 'Grinchs' have turned out to be some of the best Santa's.

And, it is at this point that I am going off the rails from all previous years.  I am in charge of Secret Santa at the moment, so my rules.  We are not canceling Secret Santa 2020.  Yes, I am a few weeks early by necessity.  

1: For those who are hyperventilating, calm down, we are not exchanging gifts this year.

2: There is no sign up sheet.  Not necessary to sign up.  But you are encouraged to post per the following rules.

3: We are going to purchase for ourselves!  So, maybe not so Secret.  But it could be!  The retailers are set up to safely ship goodies to us.  We get mail everyday.  I walk into the Post Office in my mask and chat a bit, grab my stuff and leave.  A better half could be involved and do the honor of Secretly ordering for you.  Then it would be a surprise.

4: For those not wanting to spend the money.  No problem.  Go to your own cellar or stash and select what Santa might have brought, or bought you.  Or could bring you in the future!

5: It is only necessary to take a photo and upload it to this thread, to play in this years Secret Santa.  A bit of chatter in the thread never hurts to increase the excitement and interest.  If possible, holding off posting a photo until much closer to Christmas would be best.  But retailers only have some stock of goodies for a limited time.  Hence the early start to Secret Santa this year.  There is no minimum or maximum.  A very creative work of art photo might be far more interesting than me just dumping a pile on a table and taking a pic.

Try and have some fun with it.  Our current situation demands some social distancing and care.  Every state is different.  With BOB's Bombers on hiatus, this was the only prudent thing I could think of to do.  

Merry Christmas y'all.  :santa:

(Thanks to PB for the use of his rules. Modified by me as needed.  And I seem to find a needed edit every year.)

Here are links to some past year's threads. Read and enjoy.  There can be some hints in here!

Secret Santa 2019

Secret Santa 2018

Secret Santa 2017

Secret Santa 2016

Secret Santa 2015

Secret Santa 2014

Secret Santa 2013

Secret Santa 2012

Secret Santa 2011

Secret Santa 2010

Secret Santa 2009

Yes, I know it's not the same. But is no one excited, even a little bit? Or was it a bad idea? I could not just let it go and say "canceled" like every other thing involving groups of people have had happen this year. I thought I would have a few comments in almost a day.

I'll play; maybe it's time to open one of the tins of McClelland's Christmas Cheer?

Corncobcon":8o5syt0j said:
Well, ya all know I already purchased my Christmas gift.
The problem is do I smoke it now or wait 2 months?  :scratch:
I plan on waiting until closer to Christmas. However, stock at the retailers tends to go so fast. That was a big reason for starting early. It is too early for me to change to the Santa avatar.

This will work. As I have more tobacco cellared than I can possibly smoke in the years I have left, and increasingly poor memory, I'll dig around in the back shelves and be surprised that I've actually had tins of this or that for the past decades. Life gets easier if you don't think too much.

Good idea.

I really enjoy C&D blends and so went to tobacco review, C&D and picked a random number. That is my Secret Santa gift. Will order next month (already ordered at least a dozen times from them this month...a bit of restraint is also part of the lesson here!

Will share the blend on Dec. 25th. 🤠

Good idea.

I really enjoy C&D blends and so went to tobacco review, C&D and picked a random number. That is my Secret Santa gift. Will order next month (already ordered at least a dozen times from them this month...a bit of restraint is also part of the lesson here!

Will share the blend on Dec. 25th. 🤠
That's a great way of doing it!

Great call, Carlos, I’m in!

I’ve been seriously tempted by some of my cellar recently so this will be the catalyst for me succumbing to the Siren’s call.

I promise I’ll be good Santa!

Oh yeah I’m participating. I’m not sure if I’ll spend any money on this, but I can dig around in the cellar for some forgotten gems that should be aged nicely.

Also, hello brothers!