Secret Santa 2020 - BOB's Thirteeth

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@DrT999 - Those look like the fixings for a Merry Christmas indeed!

@Stick - Santa did a nice job of wrapping your gift. I'd be interested to know what you find inside.

Merry Christmas to all the Brothers of Briar!

Santa Delivered!

1. A stunning Nanna Ivarsson inspired fish by American pipe maker David Huber...
Huber pipe.jpg

2. A new axe: Fender Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond

Fender Tele.jpg

Woohoo! Way to go Santa!

I met David Huber at the Chicago pipe making class. He and his girlfriend. If my memory is accurate. They were so young and ambitious. David was very talented. He could see these shapes well. I love the contrast in the stain.

Woohoo! Way to go Santa!

I met David Huber at the Chicago pipe making class. He and his girlfriend. If my memory is accurate. They were so young and ambitious. David was very talented. He could see these shapes well. I love the contrast in the stain.
Yes. David and his partner Bonnie are wonderful people, and he is a great pipe maker. He is extremely meticulous in his work, and holds himself to the highest standards.

Santa did good!

Well here is my Secret Santa to myself. Couple of blends I wanted to try:
Hearth & Home: Magnum Opus, White Knight and Fusilier's Ration.
Mac Baren Crumble Cake #1
Backwoods Natural
John Bull
And my Wife found my Peterson pipe of the year that I misplaced many moons ago. Naturally a poker (LOL). I cleaned it up and polished the silver. I really missed that pipe.
20201224_143559.jpg

Back in November I ordered two pipes for me as Christmas gifts. One came right away, the big Peterson 2020 Christmas pipe.
The other one, a Gefapip pot estate pipe, is lost somewhere between here and Colorado! The place I purchased it from put the
wrong address on the pipe package and it has been long gone! The person the pipe was sent to returned it to the Post office. It was
then tracked to Denver and now, who knows where it is!!

Attachments

• Pete XL11.JPG
    Pete XL11.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 160
Good idea.

I really enjoy C&D blends and so went to tobacco review, C&D and picked a random number. That is my Secret Santa gift. Will order next month (already ordered at least a dozen times from them this month...a bit of restraint is also part of the lesson here!

Will share the blend on Dec. 25th. 🤠
So the magic number yielded C&D Black Frigate, which I had never had.

Until now!

What a beautiful blend! Had it on the patio in sub freezing temps with a hot cup of my Cowboy Coffee in a Old German white clay pipe. Delicious tobacco, will certainly acquire more of this one.

Thanks Santa!

My secret Santa has been in transit since the 12th. This order had, among other things, a tin of GDoY which I planned on enjoying through Christmas. But there is a happy ending, I did find this single tin at a local B&M and quickly grabbed it for a future holiday smoke.
IMG_20201226_190328.jpg