Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
It's about that time of year. We have a couple members off, vacationing, etc. We have 7 weeks to get it done. Plenty of time. Check the board often (meaning at least daily) for more info to follow. A list will be taken later, keeping watching.

For now, anyone not familiar, might check out the Secret Santa threads. Fine reading. :D This is a long tradition. This will be my 8th year counting those on the old Knox board.

Here:

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/community-in-action-f19/secret-santa-2009-ii-t6653.htm

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/community-in-action-f19/bob-secret-santa-09-t2817.htm (Actually Christmas 2008)

Oh yes. Something else to keep in mind this year when you are mailing your packages. Just to keep from being surprised, when asked. You might wish to answer "Hobby Supplies" or Collectible Tins". Or something reasonably obscure.

YES!! I was wondering when this would get started

It's my favorite thing about the board!

I'm in, Maybe a RSA secret santa will be easier for us here, else any other suggestions!
Thanks Carlos!

I have been on the boards for a while and always seemed to miss it. I can't wait for this year's!

Count me in! Secret Santa with the Brothers is not only a blast, but is pretty entertaining to boot.

Natch":nxseanns said:
I'm tuning up my reindeer for that special delivery.

Natch-a-Clause
1000 posts! :cheers:

:lol: You guys! I will post a thread this evening with the usual rules. That will ask for those wishing to signup. But I will add those I have gotten so far.

:santa:

I know several of you have posted to count you in. Please check the rules and send me the necessary info. Be sure to include a what you smoke, preferences list etc. If I do not get a PM or email from you and you wanted in I will try to contact you later in the week to get it.

I know the signup time is a little short. But we do have time as long as no one drags their feet. Let's keep the tradition alive. Remember it's the giving and reading about the opening later that makes this so much fun. :santa:

So far 9 have signed up Stateside. 2 in South Africa. More than two makes it interesting. So the more the merrier. I think someone in South Africa was trying to arrange a get-together. Maybe a holiday bash? :santa:

Just to be clear. We used to include those outside the USA in the Secret Santa. But it has just gotten too difficult. Not to mention how much time it can take and the expense. I know some of you Brothers do manage to ship "Hobby Supplies" to Brothers in other countries. That's a great thing. But for the foreseeable future, Secret Santa will be limited to your country, or to those group of countries where shipping is not so difficult. I am not sure if Brothers in Canada are able to ship to each other. I think I recall hearing of some difficulties doing so.

I saw that these Brothers wanted in, but have not received a PM yet with your information. For some reason I thought I had your info Natch. If you sent it, it disappeared. Or I am thinking of a past PM. I did clean out most of my PM boxes to make plenty of room. So if I lost it I apologize. :santa:

J_Rock (gotcha)
Trout Bum (gotcha)
Natch (gotcha)
gandalfpc (gotcha)

We are up to 14 stateside and 2 in South Africa signed up. Just a few more days. Tell your brothers! :santa:

Now 17 stateside. :santa:

I see some names missing from the list that were common in years past. Some of you I know are busy. Times are not the best for all. We need some more from South Africa also. Kind of hard to be Secret if there is only two signed up. Truth be told, even in America nowdays it's hard to be secret. They want real addresses on packages or they might get sent to the place where they examine them in detail.

So, 3 more days. For those of you on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.